St. Petersburg Times Online: Pasco County news
Place an Ad Calendars Classified Forums Sports Weather

printer version

Fingernail polish ignites, burns boy

By Times staff writer
© St. Petersburg Times
published January 13, 2002

NEW PORT RICHEY -- An 11-month-old boy was burned Saturday afternoon when a candle fell and ignited fingernail polish, Pasco County Fire Rescue said.

The infant suffered second-degree burns on his face and arms, said battalion Chief Michael Ciccarello. Second-degree burns blister the skin. He was taken from the house at 5825 High St. to a helicopter and flown to Tampa General Hospital shortly after the 12:45 p.m. fire, Ciccarello said.

The child's name was not released, and his condition was not available late Saturday.

Back to Pasco County news

Back to Top

© 2006 • All Rights Reserved • Tampa Bay Times
490 First Avenue South • St. Petersburg, FL 33701 • 727-893-8111