© St. Petersburg Times, published January 31, 2002
1. Black Hawk Down, Sony, $17-million, $58.9-million, five weeks.
2. Snow Dogs, Disney, $13.1-million, $38.8-million, two weeks.
3. A Walk to Remember, Warner Bros., $12.2-million, $12.2-million, one week.
4. A Beautiful Mind, Universal, $11.5-million, $92.9-million, six weeks.
5. The Count of Monte Cristo, Disney, $11.4-million, $11.4-million, one week.
6. The Mothman Prophecies, Sony-Screen Gems, $11.2-million, $11.2-million, one week.
7. I Am Sam, New Line, $8.3-million, $8.5-million, five weeks.
8. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, New Line, $7.8-million, $258.4-million, six weeks.
9. Kung Pow! Enter the Fist, Fox, $7-million, $7-million, one week.
10. Orange County, Paramount, $4.4-million, $34-million, three weeks.