Quiz answers1. Certegy, a spinoff of Equifax, processes credit card transactions.
2. Gulf West Banks Inc., parent of Mercantile Bank, has a deal to be acquired by the South Financial Group of Greenville, S.C.
3. Outback Steakhouse has added the Bonefish Grill to its restaurant concepts.
4. Nicholas Financial Inc. is thriving in a difficult market niche.
5. Aerosonic Corp. makes precision instruments for aircraft.
6. Wal-Mart Stores has a market value of about $250-billion, making it No. 1 on our list and one of the most valuable corporations in the world.
7. Maritrans Inc. transports petroleum products by sea.
8. Superior Uniform Group Inc. makes uniforms, surgical masks and embroidered sportswear.
9. Consumer advocates say Household International Inc. takes advantage of unsophisticated customers with credit problems.
10. Catalina Marketing Corp. uses the Internet, direct mail and instant printing in the grocery store to get coupons into customers' hands.