© St. Petersburg Times, published June 2, 2002
Can you identify these Times 50 companies?
1. With a name like this, you might think they made breath mints.
2. It's too late to make a killing on this stock.
3. They've got us sampling bonefish now.
4. Used car loans are their specialty.
5. The Army just gave this company a new contract to make altimeters.
6. This company is the Most Valuable Player on our list.
7. Their tugboats and barges ply the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean.
8. Nurses, bus drivers, waiters, bank tellers, surgeons all wear their products.
9. This company has drawn criticism for its high-interest home equity loans.
10. They've taken grocery store coupon clipping to another level.