Top 5 movies
By Times staff
© St. Petersburg Times
published September 26, 2002
1. One Hour Photo -- Robin Williams delivers a chilling yet compelling performance as a lonely photo clerk taking an unhealthy interest in his customers' Kodak moments. So far, one of the best films of 2002.
2. The Good Girl -- Jennifer Aniston gets by without a little help from her Friends. Aniston delivers a fine performance as a small-town cashier dallying with a younger man (Jake Gyllenhaal).
3. Barbershop -- Cedric the Entertainer steals the show in a warm-hearted comedy set during one day in a Chicago barbershop. Co-starring Ice Cube (whose company produced the film) and pop singer Eve.
4. My Big Fat Greek Wedding -- The sleeper hit of 2002 is still going strong at theaters after nearly five months in release. See it before the unavoidable sitcom and sequel. (My Big Fat Greek Honeymoon, perhaps?)
5. Carnival Knowledge -- Tampa-based Minaret Films sets an example for local filmmakers with a polished production featuring solid writing, cinematography and acting that earned a one-week engagement at Channelside Cinemas.
Back to Weekend
© 2006 • All Rights Reserved • Tampa Bay Times
490 First Avenue South St. Petersburg, FL 33701 727-893-8111