St. Petersburg Times Online: Pasco County news
TampaBay.com
Place an Ad Calendars Classified Forums Sports Weather
tampabay.com

printer version

Group escapes house fire, one is injured

By Times staff writer
© St. Petersburg Times
published December 29, 2002

ZEPHYRHILLS -- An overloaded extension cord sparked a house fire early Saturday, and one person was taken to a hospital for minor burns, officials said.

The fire at 5524 11th St. started about 8:30 a.m. and was under control by 9 a.m., Zephyrhills fire Capt. Jim Kuhn said. Dade City and Pasco County firefighters helped extinguish the blaze.

The damage was limited to the rear of the single-story wood frame home. Kuhn said the kitchen, bedroom and porch all sustained extensive damage.

The house is rented by Matt Ferraro, and five or six people were there when the fire started, Kuhn said.

John Putz was taken by ambulance to East Pasco Medical Center for burns to his hands and face, Kuhn said. He was treated and released, a hospital spokesman said.

Back to Pasco County news

Back to Top

© 2006 • All Rights Reserved • Tampa Bay Times
490 First Avenue South • St. Petersburg, FL 33701 • 727-893-8111