Drumroll, please ...
The top 10 reasons the NHL's Stanley Cup is better than the NFL's Vince Lombardi Trophy:
By BRANT JAMES, Times Staff Writer
© St. Petersburg Times
published April 10, 2003
10. It's a lot easier to drink beer out of the Stanley Cup.
9. The Lombardi Trophy never has ended up at the bottom of Mario Lemieux's swimming pool.
8. It takes 16 games to complete an NFL regular season. It takes that many wins to capture the Stanley Cup.
7. You get to go to the beach to play for the Lombardi Trophy. You have to go to Detroit to play for the Stanley Cup.
6. No one ever has won a Stanley Cup then defected to the Arizona Cardinals.
5. The Lombardi Trophy goes in a display case. The Stanley Cup goes on Spring Break.
4. Ever see a guy take a puck in the face for the Lombardi Trophy?
3. 31,902,268 Canadians can't be wrong.
2. You think Mark Messier would blubber like a baby over the Lombardi Trophy?
1. Tampa Bay already has a Lombardi Trophy.
Back to the Lightning
LightningTo Build a Wall
Slow pace of ticket sales concerns owner
Lightning Playoff PreviewAt the sports bars
The Right Direction
Meet the Washington Capitals
Lightning players and their roles
Capitals vs. Lightning: 2002-3 game by game
Drumroll, please ...
About the playoffs
High profile: Martin St. Louis
Where are they now: 1995-96 Tampa Bay Lightning
From then until now
Some storylines to consider
RaysAnother late run wins it for Rays
Rays may gamble on Rocker
Shoulder discomfort forces Parque to DL
BucsBucs offer Green chance to return
There's no Watson to Tiger's Nicklaus
Will squishy conditions squash it?
Court denies Burk emergency request
Johnson says Augusta's position won't change soon
Arbitrator in Jets case has tickets for 'Skins
AD blames firing on Kansas coach
AL: Royals top winless Tigers, stay unbeaten
NL: Chicago's Prior wins duel
Byrd needs surgery on sore elbow
No. 8 Islanders shock regular-season champ
Villanova escapes sanctions
No title, but a lot of love for Vols' anchors
What's scary is, no one is leaving Connecticut
Holy Cross' Willard latest USF candidate
Tension not a factor for Derby prospect
McGrady (37) helps Magic end 4-game skid
Another crew chief exits early for Jarrett
County association honors season's best
PHU's Hofer perfect
Top seniors put on flashy display
Long ball helps 'Canes continue Pirates' slump
Soccer players say Semper Fi
Daily fishing report