The top 10 reasons the NHL's Stanley Cup is better than the NFL's Vince Lombardi Trophy:
By BRANT JAMES, Times Staff Writer
© St. Petersburg Times, published April 10, 2003
10. It's a lot easier to drink beer out of the Stanley Cup.
9. The Lombardi Trophy never has ended up at the bottom of Mario Lemieux's swimming pool.
8. It takes 16 games to complete an NFL regular season. It takes that many wins to capture the Stanley Cup.
7. You get to go to the beach to play for the Lombardi Trophy. You have to go to Detroit to play for the Stanley Cup.
6. No one ever has won a Stanley Cup then defected to the Arizona Cardinals.
5. The Lombardi Trophy goes in a display case. The Stanley Cup goes on Spring Break.
4. Ever see a guy take a puck in the face for the Lombardi Trophy?
3. 31,902,268 Canadians can't be wrong.
2. You think Mark Messier would blubber like a baby over the Lombardi Trophy?
1. Tampa Bay already has a Lombardi Trophy.