- Talk about tough love. The Vikings led the NFC North division from early in the first quarter of their first-game victory at Green Bay until the last play of the last game at Arizona. They didn't make the playoffs.
- Before Saturday, teams with first-round byes were 45-7 in the divisional round since 1990, when the league went to 12 teams.
- Eddie George and Jim Brown are the only running backs in history to reach 10,000 yards without missing a start. George set an NFL record for a running back with 128 consecutive starts since coming into the league in 1996.
- The Rams averaged 33.6 points at home before Saturday, and their lowest output at home had been 27. If they had gotten 27 against the Panthers they would still be playing.
At one point he was on a tear, but now? Kansas City's Dante Hall has gone 11 games without returning a kick for a touchdown.
- Compiled with information from other news organizations.