Pinellas County Schools' student assignment office is encouraging parents with children who will begin kindergarten in the fall to take advantage of a Kindergarten Roundup beginning Monday and lasting through Feb. 19.
In addition to visiting one of the district's two Family Education and Information Centers, parents can begin the new student registration process and receive their child's school assignment at these locations:
- 9 a.m.-noon Monday at Maximo Elementary, 4850 31st St. S, St. Petersburg
- 6-8 p.m. Monday at Tarpon Springs Fundamental Elementary, 400 E Harrison St.
- 9 a.m.-noon Tuesday at High Point Elementary, 6033 150th Ave. N, Clearwater
- 6-8 p.m. Tuesday at Eisenhower Elementary, 2800 Drew St., Clearwater
- 9 a.m.-noon Feb. 18 at Belleair Elementary, 1156 Lakeview Road, Clearwater
- 6-8 p.m. Feb. 18 at Starkey Elementary, 9300 86th Ave. N, Largo
- 9 a.m.-noon Feb. 19, Dunedin Elementary, 531 Beltrees St., Dunedin
- 6-8 p.m. Feb. 19, Campbell Park Elementary, 1051 Seventh Ave. S, St. Petersburg
Documentation needed for registration includes an original or certified copy of a state birth certificate or other proof of birth; and proof of residency in the parent's name, such as a utility bill for power, water, cable or sewer, or a noncellular phone bill or a lease agreement.
For a complete list of acceptable documents, visit www pinellaschoice.org and click on new student registration or call a Family Education and Information Center: 552-1595 in St. Petersburg 3420 Eighth Ave. S or 298-2858 in Clearwater (1101 Marshall St.).
Students will be given instructions for completing the registration process at their assigned schools at the roundup.