A look at what's happening at the theaters
Current movies recommended by the Times:
1. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith - The Force is with us again. George Lucas wraps up his outer space epic in grand, occasionally gruesome, style.
2. Kingdom of Heaven - Ridley Scott's 12th century Crusades epic has political relevance today, with sword-slinging action rivaling Gladiator.
3. Crash - Racial tensions in Los Angeles simmer among an ensemble cast, a la Magnolia and Short Cuts. Director/co-writer Paul Haggis (Million Dollar Baby) fills his movie with messages.
4. Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room - Alex Gibney's brisk documentary account of a crushing financial scandal should be required viewing for business ethics classes forever.
5. Madagascar - The creators of Shrek and Shark Tale turn their attention to animals in the zoo who realize too late that their life of confinement is a good thing.
Wednesday: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
June 3: Cinderella Man; Lords of Dogtown; Layer Cake; 3-Iron
June 10: Mr. and Mrs. Smith; The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3-D; The Honeymooners; The Bridge of San Luis Rey; Rock School; Nina's Tragedies; Look At Me; High Tension
June 15: Batman Begins
June 17: The Perfect Man; Deep Blue
June 22: Herbie: Fully Loaded
June 24: Bewitched; Land of the Dead; Rize
June 29: War of the Worlds
Emmylou Harris: stumbling with a purpose
ArtAt the museums
Hot Ticket: Painterly expression in landscapes
DineGet used to the unexpected
I've had enough . . .
FilmIndie flicks: Fact swamped by fiction
Opening Wednesday: A pair with personality
Top five movies and upcoming releases
Family Movie Guide
Film reviewFumbles mar 'The Longest Yard'
Wacky wild things
Get AwayDown the road
Hot Ticket: Journey to Summer Safari Nights
Inside informationMusic and more by the shore
Hot Ticket: Santana and the Boys take center stage in Tampa
StageHot Ticket: A puzzling premise
Stage: Down the road
Video / DVDNew releases
Upcoming releases and current rankings