Top five movies and upcoming releases
A look at what's at the theaters
By STEVE PERSALL
Published July 28, 2005
Current movies recommended by the Times:
1. Murderball - Quadriplegics plays a rough-and-tunble game in this fierce, funny documentary, featuring Tampa resident Joe Soares. The best film of 2005, so far.
2. Hustle & Flow - Terrence Dashon Howard is superb as a Memphis pimp with musical aspirations. Winner of two Sundance Film Festival prizes.
3. March of the Penguins - Morgan Freeman narrates an amusing documentary about the mating habits of emperor penguins at the South Pole.
4. Wedding Crashers - The funniest comedy of the summer, with Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson matched perfectly as cads faking their way into weddings for booze, food and sex.
5. The Devil's Rejects - Rob Zombie's ruthlessly violent movie is a shocking throwback to 1970s drive-in sadism. Not for the faint-hearted.
AUG. 5: The Dukes of Hazzard; Saint Ralph; Kontroll; Underclassman; Deep Blue
AUG. 12: The Skeleton Key; Happy Endings; Four Brothers; Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo; The Great Raid
AUG. 19: The 40-Year-Old Virgin; Red Eye; Valiant; Supercross
AUG. 26: The Brothers Grimm; The Aristocrats; The Cave; The Constant Gardener
[Last modified July 27, 2005, 15:34:57]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]