St. Petersburg Times
 tampabaycom
tampabay.com
Print storySubscribe to the Times

Firefighter hurt while fighting apartment blaze

By Times Staff
Published November 15, 2005

TAMPA - A firefighter received minor injuries Monday while extinguishing an apartment fire at 3132 W Lambright St.

Bill Watson of Hillsborough Fire Rescue said the firefighter, a four-year veteran, was burned on his arms, ears and legs, even though the fire was extinguished in a matter of minutes.

Watson would not release the firefighter's name. He said the firefighter was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital, where he was treated and released.

The blaze appeared to have started after a resident of a first-floor apartment left a candle burning for four hours before Hillsborough Fire Rescue arrived at 11 a.m.

The candle burned to its base and ignited nearby papers, investigators said.

None of the affected Park Place Apartments was occupied at the time of the fire.

[Last modified November 15, 2005, 03:00:33]


Hillsborough County headlines

  • Finding his religion
  • Hooters jury says it is deadlocked
  • Jurors begin deliberations in Al-Arian trial
  • Tampa man with evil plan shot to death
  • Law sought to close gap in child protection
  • Legal process to keep patdowns on sidelines
  • Contributor to minority education to be feted
  • Porter case sparks fairness discussion, push for action
  • Trial of Hooters' founder goes to jury
  • Firefighter hurt while fighting apartment blaze

  • The Sami Al-Arian Case
  • Al-Arian jurors switched for deliberations
  • Band's bus driver lured girl to Tampa for sex, police say
  • Back to Top

    © 2006 • All Rights Reserved • Tampa Bay Times
    490 First Avenue South • St. Petersburg, FL 33701 • 727-893-8111