Last mission to repair the Hubble telescope Hubble space telescope discoveries have enriched our understanding of the cosmos. In this special report, you will see facts about the Hubble space telescope, discoveries it has made and what the last mission's goals are.
For their own good
Fifty years ago, they were screwed-up kids sent to the Florida School for Boys to be straightened out. But now they are screwed-up men, scarred by the whippings they endured. Read the story and see a video and portrait gallery.
Fill out this form to email this article to a friend
NFL for the pretty
By TOM JONES
Published September 24, 2006
1. THE EDGE (musician): U2's lead guitarist showed his allegiance on the latest tour by often wearing a Miami Dolphins T-shirt. We thought that was cool until we realized the lead singer of Hootie and the Blowfish likes the Dolphins, too.
2. WILL SMITH (actor): In west Philadelphia, born and raised, he follows the Eagles the rest of his days.
3. TIM McGRAW (musician): Should anyone married to Faith Hill even be watching football? Well, he can skip this season because he is a Tennessee Titans fan.
3. FAITH HILL (musician): Should anyone married to Tim McGraw even be watching football? We don't know who she likes, but she was a Cowboys fan until she broke up with Troy Aikman.
4. LUDACRIS (musician): Atlanta native often seen in concert (and on the sideline) wearing an Atlanta Falcons jersey. And, wait, we just rechecked the stats and turns out he rushed for 107 yards against the Bucs last weekend.
5. CONDOLEEZZA RICE (Secretary of State): Her favorite team (the Cleveland Browns) has no weapons of mass destruction this season, but that doesn't stop her from looking for them.
6. GEORGE WENDT (actor): Two words - Da Bears.
7. TIM RUSSERT (journalist): During football season, ends each episode of Meet the Press with, "Go Bills.'
8. RAY ROMANO (actor): Like everyone, we loved Raymond, but we don't know any sports writer who spent as much time at home as he did. Anyway, that has nothing to do with him liking the New York Jets, but we just thought we would get that off our chests.\
9. FORMER PRESIDENT GEORGE BUSH AND WIFE BARBARA: Sadly, they're the only people named Bush associated with the Houston Texans.
10. PAUL McCARTNEY (musician): Shouldn't he be a Jets fan? (We'll wait while you figure that one out.) Nope, he digs the world champion Pittsburgh Steelers.
11. TONY SHALHOUB (actor): Star of Monk was born in Green Bay and still owns a home there, where he can watch his Packers, who could use an obsessive-compulsive detective to find an offense these days.
12. JON BON JOVI (musician): Relationship with the New York Giants is so tight that the Giants once had a play called "Blue 21 Bounce," named after Bon Jovi's album entitled Bounce.
13. JESSICA ALBA (actor): Says her "NFL fantasy" is to have her beloved Oakland Raiders move back to Los Angeles.
14. NELSON MANDELA (South African civil rights leader): Considers himself a Dallas Cowboys fan, but we're guessing even this man of peace would like to hit T.O. in the back of the head.
15. SEN. JOHN McCAIN: One of six people who root for the Arizona Cardinals.
The NFL isn't just for the average Joe Schmoe. Celebrities love following the pigskin, too, to varying degrees. From government to the big screen, from music to, well, more music, here are some famous folks' favorites.