Croatian gallery joins walk
By LENNIE BENNETT
Published October 12, 2006
A new member joins the Downtown Arts Association in St. Petersburg in time for the monthly walk on Saturday. The Croatian Naive Art Gallery, 300 Beach Drive NE, features art by contemporary painters from Croatia, in Eastern Europe, typified by vibrant colors in a style similar to American folk art. Shown above is Strawberry Hat Gypsy by Martin Mehkek. All galleries are open from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Admission is free.
* Alla Prima Fine Art, 111 Second Ave. NE
* Artists Gallery Royale, 200 Second Ave. N
* The Arts Center, 719 Central Ave.
* ArtSpace, 10 Fifth St. N
* Augustine-Ludovico Studio, 2851 First Ave. N
* Central Gallery, 540 Central Ave.
* Craftsman House, 2955 Central Ave.
* Croatian Naive Art Gallery, 300 Beach Drive NE
* Creative Clay & Cultural Art Services, 1124 Central Ave.
* Crystal Mirage Gallery, the Pier
* T. W. Curtis Art Gallery, 331 16th St. N
* Davidson Fine Arts, 725 Central Ave.
* 1st Grande Gallery, 3001 First Ave. S
* Florida Craftsmen Gallery, 501 Central Ave.
* Glass Canvas Gallery, 146 Second St. N
* Interior Motives, 1110 Central Ave.
* Kellusion Art Gallery, 538 Central Ave.
* Lynn J. Merhige Gallery, 216 Fourth St. N
* Red Cloud Indian Arts, 208 Beach Drive
* Shapiro's at BayWalk, 185 Second Ave. N
* Studio Encanto, 209 First St. NE
* Studio Szabries, 1746 Central Ave.
* Trinity Gallery, 214 Beach Drive NE
* Vladimir's Collection, 111 Second Ave. NE
- LENNIE BENNETT, Times art critic
[Last modified October 11, 2006, 11:52:08]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]