Offer your feedback
We invite your comments and feedback to our special report When wet is dry.
By Times staff
Published December 17, 2006
Florida has more wetlands than any other state but Alaska. They stop floods, clean up water pollution, and replenish drinking supplies. Yet despite government promises, they are disappearing.
We invite your feedback on our special report When wet is dry. How important do you think it is to protect wetlands? How would you balance their public benefits with private property rights?
Do you think government promises to safeguard wetlands matches up with government actions? And do you think mitigation banking is the answer to balancing wetlands protection and development?
We ask that your comments relate to today's report and adhere to our guidelines. Story comments are reviewed by an editor before publication. We don't edit posts, but we do reserve the right to delete comments that violate our guidelines.
The following types of comments are prohibited:
- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises.
[Last modified December 15, 2006, 12:01:17]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]