2006 GRAND PRIX FAN’S GUIDE
|WHAT YOU CAN'T BRING
|WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- Ear plugs (see Hearing Protection)
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, hat/ visor
- Walking shoes
- A notepad for autographs
- Camera or videocamera
- Money for concessions and souvenirs
Based on last year, expect: Binoculars, scanners and headphones available from Racing Electronics near the Mahaffey Theater. Binoculars, $7.50/day, $15/weekend. One headset and scanner, $36/day, $50/weekend. Two headsets and scanner, $50/day or $65/weekend. Scanner and intercom $70/day, $100/weekend. When renting a scanner, binoculars $5.
For information, www.racingelectronics.com.
- Food and (alcoholic) beverages
- Glasses bottles and cans
- Stadium seats
- Firearms and weapons
- Commercial signs and banners
- Signs and banners that impair spectator vision or safety
- Lawn furniture and folding chairs (except in RV Park)
- Pets (except certified service animals)
- Scaffolding, ladders, stepstool or other structures
- Noise makers, horns, helium balloons, beach balls
- Bicycles and scooters
- Skates, skateboards, rollerblades
- Motorcycles, off-road vehicles
- Handbills and pamphlets
||CONCESSIONS & SOUVENIRS
|Permenant hearing loss occurs from prolonged exposure to sound levels higher than 85 dB (It is 115 dB about
10-feet from a racecar). Use earplugs (sold at the event for $2) or special sound-blocking earmuffs.
- Adult/ youth T-shirt $22/ $16
- Hat $22
- Event coffee mug $10
- Event magnet $3
- Event keychain $3
To order online, hondagrandprixstore.org
Based on last year’s prices, expect:
- Hot dog: $4
- Water/ soft drinks: $3
- Beer: $6
- Gatorade: $4
- Pizza and fries: $6
||IF YOU CAN’T GO
|Gene Simmons, co-founder of KISS, will serve as Grand Marshal.
Steven Van Zandt, Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Band guitarist and Silvio Dante in the Sopranos, performs Saturday, 10 a.m. at Seminole Hard Rock stage.
Grammy-nominated Hoobastank performs Sunday, 5:45 p.m., Honda Plaza.
|TELEVISION ESPN will have live coverage of Sunday’s Grand Prix races. Speed Channel will cover SCCA races, available for digital subscribers. Both races air Sunday from 3-5 p.m.
RADIO WDAE-AM (620 AM) will broadcast Sunday’s Grand Prix race live.
XM RADIO XM Channel 152 will air Sunday’s Grand Prix live.