Businesses and offices close for King holiday
By TIMES STAFF
Published January 15, 2007
These business and government offices will be closed today in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day:
- Hernando County libraries, all branches
- Hernando County government offices
- THE Bus and Trans-Hernando public transportation
- Supervisor of Elections offices
- U.S. Postal Service
- Local banks
- Hernando County Sheriff's Office
- Hernando County public schools
- Hernando County Recreation Department
- Hernando County Northwest Waste Management Facility, East Hernando Transfer Station (normally closed on Monday), West Hernando Transfer Station
- Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Department of Children and Families
- Pasco-Hernando Community College, all campuses
- Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative
- Southwest Florida Water Management District
- Brooksville Police Department offices
- Brooksville City Hall
- City of Brooksville Sanitation Division: Today's residential pickups will be on Tuesday; Tuesday residential pickups will be on Wednesday; Thursday and Friday pickups will be as regularly scheduled. Today's Dumpster pickups will be on Tuesday.
- Pasco Waste Management
Trio to perform concert at church
A trio of internationally acclaimed musicians will present a concert of classical music at 7 p.m. Feb. 2 at the First Baptist Church of Brooksville, 420 Howell Ave. Pianist Christopher Cooley, a native of the Tampa area who now lives in New York, headlines the group, whose members individually have played at major venues around the world. Joining him will be cellist Tess Remy-Schumacher and violinist Judy Lee. The concert is free, but an offering will be taken. For information, call the church at 796-6791.
Winter dance to be Jan. 27-28
The Slovene-American Club of Spring Hill will have its two-day Winter Dance from 5 to 9 p.m. Jan. 27 and from 2 to 6 p.m. Jan. 28 at SNPJ Lodge 778, 13383 County Line Road. The dance will feature the music of the Frank Moravcik Band from Cleveland. Admission for each day is $10, or $18 for the two days (advance or at the door). Polkas, waltzes and a variety of music will be played. Food and refreshments will be available. For more information, contact Doris at 686-9874.
Co-ed volleyball players wanted
The Hernando County Recreation Department is looking for players, men and women, for its Adult 6V6 Co-Ed Sand Volleyball League. A meeting for players and coaches will be at 7 p.m. Jan. 23 at Delta Woods Park, 3400 Deltona Blvd. For more information, call Fred Kranz at 754-4031.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day Observance: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Kennedy Park, 899 Kennedy Blvd., Brooksville. Fish fry and family entertainment. Sponsored by the Hernando County NAACP.
[Last modified January 15, 2007, 08:14:49]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]