Valentine's Day events
By TIMES WIRES
Published February 6, 2007
The following events have been planned in celebration of Valentine's Day:
- Quartets from the Hernando Harmonizers will provide singing Valentines from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Feb. 13 or 14. For $40, the recipient will receive a serenade of two love songs, a silk rose or a box of chocolates, a Valentine's Day card and a Polaroid picture with the quartet. The singing valentines can be at one's home, office or any other place within the boundaries of Spring Hill, Brooksville and Hudson. Payment must be received prior to scheduling. The Hernando Harmonizers is a men's barbershop chorus. Call Gene at 684-7931 or Art at 688-1182.
- Quartets from Suncoast Harmony Chorus will offer Valentine serenades from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Feb. 14 in west Hernando County. For $35, the recipient will be serenaded two love songs and receive a rose and a card. Suncoast Harmony is a women's barbershop chorus and is the west-central Florida chapter of Sweet Adelines, International. For details or to make arrangements, call Gail at 596-1361 or 650-4276.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9236 will host a Valentine's Sweetheart Dance and Steak Night Feb. 10 at 3435 Shoal Line Blvd. Dinner will be from 6 to 8 p.m., with live music by Jerry Brown beginning at 7 p.m. Tickets are $9. Call 596-9236.
- AmVets Post 24 and Filipino-American Social Club will co-host a Valentine's dinner-dance from 5 to 11 p.m. Feb. 10 at the post, 247 Hallcrest Ave. Karaoke music will be provided by Moonlight DJ. A cash bar will be available. The dinner choice is chicken cordon bleu or roast beef, with scalloped potatoes, vegetables, rolls, dessert and coffee. Tickets are $15 and must be purchased by Feb. 7; the tickets can be purchased in the post canteen after 4 p.m. weekdays, or after noon on Saturdays. Call 686-9430 after 4 p.m.
- The Fraternal Order of Eagles, Hallcrest Aerie 4497 will host a Sweetheart Luncheon from noon to 3 p.m. Feb. 11 at the aerie, 1391 Kass Circle. The cost is $5 per person. The event is hosted by the Ladies Auxiliary. Call 684-3860.
- The Hernando County Philippine-American Association will have a Valentine's Day Ball from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. Feb. 9 at the SNPJ Lodge, 13383 County Line Road. The meal will be catered Japanese food with Filipino desserts. Live music will be provided by the Rhythm N' Motions Band. Tickets are $20 per person, $35 per couple. The attire is semiformal. Call Aurora at 848-1031, Cobbie at 666-5381 or Celia at 684-7464.
- The Knights of Columbus Ladies Auxiliary, St. Jude Council 6383 will host a St. Valentine Dinner Dance Feb. 10 at the K of C Hall, 10470 Spring Hill Drive. Cocktails will be from 5 to 6 p.m., followed by dinner and dancing. The dinner choice is loin of pork or chicken cordon bleu. Entertainment will be provided by Nancy and Barry. Dress is dressy-casual. Tickets are $12, must be purchased in advance and are nonrefundable. Call Gerri at 686-8983 or Lorraine at 686-7691.
- The Latin American Civic and Cultural Association will host a Valentine Dance from 8 p.m. to midnight Feb. 10 at the SNPJ Lodge, 13383 County Line Road. Music will be provided by DJ Mike Martinez. There will be a "Lady in Red" contest. The cost is $7 for members and $10 for nonmembers. Call Noemi De La Rosa at 683-6742 or Carmin Shannon at 263-5066.
- The Monday Crafters will host a Valentine's Day Open House from 12:30 to 3 p.m. Feb. 12 at the Weeki Wachee Senior Citizens Club, 3357 Susan Drive. Refreshments will be served and door prizes awarded. There will be a display of the group's crafts. Admission is free. Call Helen at 597-1538.
- Knights of Columbus Council 11317 will host a Valentine's Dinner Dance Feb. 17 at St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, 13485 Spring Hill Drive. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and dinner served at 6 p.m. The dinner entree choice is ham, roast beef or salmon. Beverages will be available or attendees can bring their own. Lorrie Hafer will entertain. Tickets are $15 each and are available after all Masses at the church. Call the church at 688-0663.
- Polish American Social Club will host a Valentine's Dinner Dance Feb. 11 at 7615 New Jersey Ave. Doors open at 12:15 p.m. The dinner selection is pork chop or chicken parmesan, which will be served from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Dancing to the Music Blenders from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. Tickets are $12 for members and $13 for nonmembers and guests. For reservations, call Genia, 683-5360, or Eleanor, (727) 856-5387.