By TIMES WIRES
Published February 8, 2007
The following events have been planned in celebration of Valentine's Day:
- Quartets from the Hernando Harmonizers will provide singing Valentines from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday. For $40, the recipient will receive a serenade of two love songs, a silk rose or a box of chocolates, a Valentine's Day card and a Polaroid picture with the quartet. The singing valentines can be at one's home, office or any other place within the boundaries of Spring Hill, Brooksville and Hudson. Payment must be received prior to scheduling. The Hernando Harmonizers is a men's barbershop chorus. Call Gene at 684-7931 or Art at 688-1182.
- Quartets from Suncoast Harmony Chorus will offer Valentine serenades from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday in west Hernando County. For $35, the recipient will be serenaded two love songs and receive a rose and a card. Suncoast Harmony is a women's barbershop chorus and is the west-central Florida chapter of Sweet Adelines, International. For details or to make arrangements, call Gail at 596-1361 or 650-4276.
- Arc Nature Coast's Sweetheart Dance will be 7 to 10 p.m. Friday at West Hernando Middle School, 14325 Ken Austin Parkway. Admission is $2, which includes food, beverage and door prizes. A DJ will provide music for dancing. For information, call Lena at 232-5727 or Nancy at 544-2322, ext. 109.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9236 will host a Valentine's Sweetheart Dance and Steak Night Saturday at 3435 Shoal Line Blvd. Dinner will be from 6 to 8 p.m., with live music by Jerry Brown beginning at 7 p.m. Tickets are $9. Call 596-9236.
- The Fraternal Order of Eagles, Hallcrest Aerie 4497 will host a Sweetheart Luncheon from noon to 3 p.m. Sunday at the aerie, 1391 Kass Circle. The cost is $5 per person. The event is hosted by the Ladies Auxiliary. Call 684-3860.
- The Hernando County Philippine-American Association will have a Valentine's Day Ball from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. Friday at the SNPJ Lodge, 13383 County Line Road. The meal will be catered Japanese food with Filipino desserts. Live music will be provided by the Rhythm N' Motions Band. Tickets are $20 per person, $35 per couple. The attire is semiformal. Call Aurora at 848-1031, Cobbie at 666-5381 or Celia at 684-7464.
- The Knights of Columbus Ladies Auxiliary, St. Jude Council 6383 will host a St. Valentine Dinner Dance Saturday at the K of C Hall, 10470 Spring Hill Drive. Cocktails will be from 5 to 6 p.m., followed by dinner and dancing. The dinner choice is loin of pork or chicken cordon bleu. Entertainment will be provided by Nancy and Barry. Dress is dressy-casual. Tickets are $12, must be purchased in advance and are nonrefundable. Call Gerri at 686-8983 or Lorraine at 686-7691.
- The Latin American Civic and Cultural Association will host a Valentine Dance from 8 p.m. to midnight Saturday at the SNPJ Lodge, 13383 County Line Road. Music will be provided by DJ Mike Martinez. There will be a "Lady in Red" contest. The cost is $7 for members and $10 for nonmembers. Call Noemi De La Rosa at 683-6742 or Carmin Shannon at 263-5066.
- The Monday Crafters will host a Valentine's Day Open House from 12:30 to 3 p.m. Monday at the Weeki Wachee Senior Citizens Club, 3357 Susan Drive. Refreshments will be served and door prizes awarded. There will be a display of the group's crafts. Admission is free. Call Helen at 597-1538.
- Knights of Columbus Council 11317 will host a Valentine's Dinner Dance Feb. 17 at St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, 13485 Spring Hill Drive. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and dinner served at 6 p.m. The dinner entree choice is ham, roast beef or salmon. Beverages will be available or attendees can bring their own. Lorrie Hafer will entertain. Tickets are $15 each and are available after all Masses. Call the church at 688-0663.
- The Hatillo Social Club will host a Valentine's Dance at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the club in Palm Tree Plaza, 13185 Spring Hill Drive. Admission is $5 for members and $10 for nonmembers. Food will be served at 7:30 p.m. A DJ will provide music for dancing such as salsa, merengue, bachata, cumbia and raggaeton. For information, call Maria at 666-0642, Millie at 596-7361 or the club at 666-0036.
[Last modified February 7, 2007, 21:58:52]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]