Blues, folk, comedy highlight the weekend
By JORGE SANCHEZ
Published February 10, 2007
Music and comedy will spark up the entertainment scene this weekend.
And if you're up for a short drive, model ships and American Bandstand idols will entertain you.
Here are the local offerings:
- The Accelerators will play from 3 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Softails lounge, State Road 44 and County Road 486, Crystal River. The Accelerators feature Dunnellon guitarist Keith Caton, who is a firebrand electric player, both in normal fashion and also with a slide. The band plays the blues with a Chicago feel. Free admission; food and beverages available.
- The Southern Fried Chicks Comedy Tour will be at Lecanto High School's Curtis Peterson Auditorium at 3 p.m. Sunday. Box office opens at 2 p.m. to sell unreserved seats, which cost $16.
- The Sunday Sampler offers folk music from 2:30 to 4:35 p.m. Sunday at the Dunnellon Historical Depot, 1201 S Williams St. Ben DeHart is the featured artist. Admission at the door is $8.
Care to take a drive? Check out these offerings beyond the county line:
- The comedy musical Victor/Victoria continues through Feb. 18 at the Show Palace Dinner Theatre, 16128 U.S. 19, Hudson. Shows are at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturdays, 3 p.m. Sundays, and 1:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday.
Doors open two hours before each show for cash bar and buffet.
Dinner and show, $42.50; show only, $31.45; ages 12 and younger, $24.95 and $19.95; all plus tax and tip.
Call toll-free, 1-888-655-7469.
- The Suncoast Ship Model Society will have its annual show and demonstration from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. today at the Weeki Wachee Senior Citizens Center clubhouse, 3357 Susan Drive, Weeki Wachee. Suggested donation is $1. Call Jim at 592-6419 for information.
- "The Legends of American Bandstand" will perform at 2 p.m. today at the Pasco-Hernando Community College Performing Arts Center, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey.
Tickets are $20 to $30 and available online at www.phcc.edu/tix or by phone at 727 816-3707 (limited hours) or at the box office one hour before the show.
Jorge Sanchez covers arts and entertainment in Citrus. Contact him at email@example.com or 860-7313 or toll free at 1-800-333-7505, ext. 7313.
[Last modified February 9, 2007, 19:32:34]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]