By TIMES WIRES
Published February 14, 2007
Pine view yearbooks on sale
The school is having its yearbook presale, through Feb. 23. Cost is $15.
Sand Pine Elementary: PTA membership contest ends Feb. 14.
- Gulf High School is seeking rock bands and similar music groups to participate in the first Gulf High School Battle of the Bands at 1 p.m. March 3 at the school's Des Little Stadium. Registration forms are due by Friday and are available online at www.gulfhigh.org. Tickets for the Battle of the Bands will be on sale Tuesday to March 2 and at the door for $5. Proceeds will benefit the Mike Rowe Scholarship Fund. For information or tickets, call Amy Riddle at (727) 774-3373 or Bill Rutherford at (727) 774-3374.
- Shakespeare by the River, Friday through Sunday in Sims Park, corner of Grand Boulevard and Banks Street, New Port Richey. Events will include sword fight re-enactments, a Renaissance fashion show, comedic skits, films and a presentation on the main stage of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare by the Reduced Shakespeare Company. For information go to www.shakespeare bytheriver.com.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road. (813) 794-8722.
- The Dan McMillion Jazz Orchestra will perform at 10:30 and noon March 19. For students in grades 6-12. Three music students will have the opportunity to perform with the jazz orchestra. Students may check with their music teachers for more details.
Youth library events
Hugh Embry Library, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City. (352) 567-3576.
- Teen Board Game Competition Day, 4 p.m. Thursday.
New River Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills. (813) 788-6375.
- Craft Corner, 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Teen Anti-Valentine's Day Movie, 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
Zephyrhills Public Library, 5347 Eighth St. (813) 780-0064.
- Black History Month displays and memorabilia will be featured throughout February.
- World War II Barracks Museum, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday and Monday. View authentic World War II medals, uniforms, patches and newspaper clippings from the era.
- The Odyssey of the Mind Regional Tournament will be held from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday at River Ridge Middle/High School in New Port Richey.
-The Compassionate Friends Pasco County Chapter, a support group for those grieving the loss of a child, will meet at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 21 at Community Hospital, Conference Room C, 5637 Marine Parkway,
- Wesley Chapel High School, 30651 Wells Road, is hosting a college night from 6 to 8 p.m. Feb. 22. Admissions representatives from more than 50 schools will be on hand. High school students and parents from all local schools are invited.
Send your school news to Michele Miller by fax: (727) 869-6233 in Port Richey, (813) 909-4611 in Land O'Lakes or (352) 521-6520 in Dade City; send e-mail to email@example.com or send mail to 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. Call Michele Miller at (727) 869-6251 or toll-free at 1-800-333-7505, ext. 6251.
[Last modified February 14, 2007, 07:43:40]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]