St. Petersburg Times
Special report
Video report
  • For their own good
    Fifty years ago, they were screwed-up kids sent to the Florida School for Boys to be straightened out. But now they are screwed-up men, scarred by the whippings they endured. Read the story and see a video and portrait gallery.
  • More video reports
Multimedia report
Print Email this storyEmail story Comment Email editor
Fill out this form to email this article to a friend
Your name Your email
Friend's name Friend's email
Your message
 

Neighborhood news

County decision means more building

By ANDREW MEACHAM
Published February 16, 2007


ADVERTISEMENT

Apollo Beach: It's official. Developers on Tuesday paved the way for more building by winning the County Commission's approval for two new community development districts in southern Hillsborough County.

The Waterset North district will encompass 678 homes on 571 acres in Apollo Beach, the first phase of a project expected to take at least a decade to complete.

Newland Communities will spend $45-million on improvements to roads and other infrastructure. The developer will pay 83 percent of that cost. Homeowner assessment fees will cover the rest. Petition 06-0977

Lithia: Commissioners also approved an expanded FishHawk Community Development District on 150 acres, enlarging the district to 1,127 acres. The project includes 209 townhouses and 208 single-family homes. Developers will pay 83 percent of the $14-million for area improvements. Assessments to homeowners will fund the other 17 percent. Petition 06-2093

 

Brandon: A developer on Tuesday won permission to alter a site plan for 225 acres northeast of Bloomingdale Avenue and Providence Road.

Senior Capital was permitted in 2004 to build 218 units on the site. The County Commission approved Senior Capital's reduction in townhouses from 111 to 106, and an increase in assisted living units from 80 to 103. Petition 07-0350

 

Ruskin: TMSM Properties can reconfigure 8.8 acres on the southeast corner of SE 15th Street and Colding Drive. After enlarging a retention pond, TMSM needed to reduce its single-family lots from 33 to 24, with four fronting Colding Drive. Petition 07-0425

Andrew Meacham can be reached at 661-2431 or ameacham@sptimes.com.

[Last modified February 15, 2007, 07:48:22]


Share your thoughts on this story

[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Subscribe to the Times
Click here for daily delivery
of the St. Petersburg Times.

Email Newsletters

ADVERTISEMENT