Causeway work to have effect on channel access
By TIMES WIRES
Published March 21, 2007
Mariners be warned. Construction on the Treasure Island Causeway will affect the accessibility of the channel for the next 60 days. The causeway also will be closed to motorists from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. today.
The channel closure schedule calls for:
- Partial closure from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. A barge will partially block the channel for installation of the fender pilings.
- Full channel closure today from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for installation of the steel toe section on the east leaf.
- Partial channel closure starting today and lasting about four weeks as the east leaf will remain in lowered position.
- Full channel closure on or about April 18, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., for installation of the steel toe section on the west leaf.
- Partial channel closure beginning April 18 for approximately four weeks as west leaf will remain in the lowered position.
For more information, boaters can check the city's Web site at www.mytreasureisland.org.
Free Alzheimer's screenings, services
The Alzheimer's Association Florida Gulf Coast Chapter's Memory Mobile will be in the county this week to provide free services to local residents. Memory screenings will be available. People also can talk with specialists about their family's specific needs. Thursday, the mobile office will be at the Seminole Kmart, 7850 Seminole Mall, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. On Friday, it will be at the Gulfport Casino, 5500 Shore Blvd. S, from 10 a.m to 1 p.m. Call toll-free 1-800-772-8672.
[Last modified March 20, 2007, 22:29:14]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]