By TIMES STAFF
Published March 21, 2007
Athenian Academy: Applications are being accepted through March 31.
Bishop Larkin Catholic: Science fair presentations, Tuesday.
Calusa Elementary: Book fair, March 30. Book Fair Night, 5 to 8 p.m. March 28.
Cypress Elementary: Blood Drive, 8:30 a.m. to noon today. PTO Family Craft Night, 4:30 to 6 p.m.
Giella Elementary: Hi-Five Family Night for fourth grade, 6 to 7:45 p.m. Thursday. Middle School Articulation Fair, 2 to 3 p.m. Friday. Inventor's Fair Parent Night, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Friday for grades 3-5.
Gulfside Elementary: Skate party, 4 to 6 p.m. Friday at Astro Skate in Tarpon Springs.
Hudson Elementary: Spring Picture Day, Friday.
Hudson Middle: PTSO Spaghetti Social and meeting, 6 p.m. Thursday. Tickets are $2 per person; $5 per family of four with additional family members $1.
Northwest Elementary: "Roundtable Discussion" parent workshop, 4 p.m. Tuesday.
Richey Elementary: Student of the Month celebration, 2:30 p.m. March 28.
Schrader Elementary: Spring Fling/Pictures with the Easter Bunny, 5 to 7 p.m. Friday.
Seven Springs Elementary: Skate Night, 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Astro Skate in Tarpon Springs. PLACE Summer Enrollment begins Monday. Call 727 774-9692.
Shady Hills Elementary: Suite Heart Celebration, 2 p.m. Thursday.
- Spring Break, April 2-6.
Scholarships/contests- Pasco Arts Council Jacaranda Poetry Festival Contest. Open to all poets. Entries must be previously unpublished and submitted with a postmark no later than March 28. Entry fee is $3 per poem. Checks should be made payable to the Pasco Arts Council, 5744 Moog Road, Holiday, FL 34690-2354. For information, call (727) 845-7322 or e-mail Bob Zappacosta at email@example.com.
- April 1 is the deadline to apply for the Community Service Council Scholarship open to students attending west Pasco high schools. For information call Mary Balestrieri at (727) 378-0337.
Youth library events
Centennial Park Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday. (727) 834-3204.
- Game Night for teens, 7 p.m. Tuesday.
New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey. (727) 853-1279.
- Teen Advisory Council, "Hand Analysis," 4 p.m. Monday.
South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, Holiday. (727) 834-3331.
- Celebrate the library's 15th Birthday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. For all ages.
- Hudson High School will host an Orientation Night for eighth-grade students and their parents at 6:30 p.m. Thursday. For information, call (727) 774-4200.
- The Pasco County Compassionate Friends, a support group for those grieving the loss of a child, will meet at 7:30 p.m. today at Community Hospital, Conference Room C, 5637 Marine Parkway, New Port Richey. Call (813) 273-8721.
Send school news to Michele Miller by fax: (727) 869-6233 in Port Richey, (813) 909-4611 in Land O'Lakes or (352) 521-6520 in Dade City; send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or send mail to 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. Call Michele Miller at (727) 869-6251.
[Last modified March 21, 2007, 08:02:18]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]