SHARE food distribution
By TIMES STAFF
Published March 24, 2007
Self Help and Resource Exchange, a nonprofit, private organization that builds and strengthens community through volunteer service, will have its monthly food distribution today at all sites.
Registration and payment for the next distribution, scheduled for April 21, can be done at that time or at the additional times and dates provided. Unless noted, the additional sign-up location is the same as the distribution site.
Call the facility closest to you for special packages.
- Beverly Hills: Distribution 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at Our Lady of Grace Parish Life Center, 6 Roosevelt Blvd. Additional sign-ups are from 1 to 2:30 p.m. April 5. Call Anna, 527-2381; Jo, 563-5848; or Peggy, 746-7942.
- Citrus Springs: Distribution 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at North Oak Baptist Church, 9324 N Elkcam Blvd. Additional sign-ups 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. weekdays through April 6. Call the church office at 746-1500 or 489-1688.
- Crystal River: Distribution 10 a.m. at Abundant Life Christian Fellowship, 4515 N Tallahassee Road. Additional sign-ups 5:30 to 7 p.m. April 5 and 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. April 7. Call 795-5433.
- Crystal River: Distribution 10 to 11 a.m. at Crystal River United Methodist Church, 4801 N Citrus Ave. Additional sign-ups 9:30 a.m. to noon April 4 and noon to 2 p.m. April 5. Call Betty, 563-2227, or Marg, 795-4193.
- Hernando: Distribution 9 to 10:30 a.m. at Hernando Civic Club, 3848 E Parsons Point Road. Additional sign-ups 11 a.m. to noon April 3. Call Roberta, 860-0831; Margaret, 465-7203; or Terry, 726-9981.
- Homosassa: Distribution at 10 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 8831 W Bradshaw St. Additional sign-ups 10 to 11 a.m. April 4 and April 7. Call 382-1034 or 628-9942. Call 382-1034 or 628-9942.
SHARE offers savings on food and medicines. There are no income requirements. One SHARE unit costs $18 in cash or, at some sites, food stamps, paid at the time of the order, plus two hours of volunteer community service.
This service can be any type of unpaid assistance given to neighbors, organizations, etc. It may also be done at the SHARE site.
The regular food unit usually consists of 12 to 14 items such as top quality frozen meat, some type of grain, fresh fruits and vegetables and more. Items vary each period, and specialty packages also can be purchased. Bring your own box, bag or suitable food container.
Because of market conditions, food packages may be subject to last-minute changes.
The last issue of the Citrus Times will be published April 1.
[Last modified March 24, 2007, 07:25:50]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]