Movies on current events start April 10
By TIMES STAFF
Published April 2, 2007
The Hernando County Green Party will host a series of free films on current issues at 6 p.m. Tuesdays, April 10 through May 22, at the Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive.
The films include:
- April 10, Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism
- April 17, Uncovered: The Whole Truth About the Iraq War. This film is a compilation of experts speaking prior to the beginning of the Iraq War.
- April 24, The Revolution Will Not be Televised, about Irish filmmakers who find themselves on the scene of the 2002 coup in Venezuela.
- May 8, Iraq for Sale - The War Profiteers
- May 15, Wal-Mart - The High Cost of Low Prices
- May 22, Fahrenheit 9/11. This film will start at 5:30 p.m. It is rated R and is for ages 18 and older. The purpose in revisiting Michael Moore's film is claims that the movie has inaccuracies. Anyone who can point out these inaccuracies is encouraged to attend.
For information, call Suzanne Touchton at 666-7576 or Jennifer Sullivan at 683-3151.
Kiwanis' Golf Klassic to be April 26
The Kiwanis Club of Spring Hill will host its second "Golf Klassic" April 26 at the Brooksville Golf and Country Club at Majestic Oaks, 23446 Links Drive.
Registration will begin at 7:30 a.m. and a shotgun start will be at 9 a.m. Trophies will be awarded for first, second and third place teams. There will be closest to the pin, hole in one, longest drive and putting contests.
The entry fee is $85 per golfer or $300 per team, which includes the tournament and lunch. Hole sponsorships are available for $75. The registration deadline is April 13.
The event will include a silent auction and prize drawings. All proceeds will benefit community projects.
For information or team registration forms, call Dana Cutlip at 684-9137 or Al Johnson at 428-3530.
Women's Club hosts annual card party
The Hernando Beach Women's Club will host its annual luncheon and card party from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 19 at VFW Post 9236, 3435 Shoal Line Blvd.
Tickets are $10. There will be prizes and a raffle. You're welcome to bring board games.
For information or tickets, call Terry at 596-5139.
Easter dinner dance has Polish flavor, flair
The Polish American Social Club will host an Easter Sunday Dinner Dance on Sunday at the club, 7615 New Jersey Ave.
Doors open at 12:15 p.m. The dinner selection is Polish swieconka (baked ham, sausage and pierogi), or chicken Parmesan, which will be served from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Dancing to the Music Blenders from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. A full service bar will be available.
Tickets are $12 for members and $13 for nonmembers and guests. To guarantee menu choice, reservations should be made. Call Genia at 683-5360, or Josephine at (727) 862-1520.