By MICHELLE MILLER
Published April 18, 2007
Deer Park Elementary: Advisory Council meeting, 7:30 a.m. Friday.
Gulf Highlands Elementary: School Carnival, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
Locke Elementary: Advisory Council meeting, 4 p.m. today.
Richey Elementary: Volunteer Recognition Breakfast, 8 a.m. Friday.
Schrader Elementary: All Pro Dads Breakfast, 8:15 to 9:15 a.m. Friday.
Seven Springs Elementary: Skate Night, 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Astro Skate in Tarpon Springs. Requests are now being accepted for the Dual Language Program for the 2007-08 school year. Applications are available at the school front office.
-"An Artistic Discovery," the 26th Annual Congressional High School Art Competition Exhibition, continues through April 29 at the Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art, St. Petersburg College, 600 Klosterman Road, Tarpon Springs.
Hudson Library, 8012 Library Road. 727 861-3040; TDD (727) 861-3024.
- Family night out, 6:30 p.m. today.
- Teen Movie Night, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
- Members are invited to view the library's Adaptive Toy Collection at 11 a.m. Saturday.
New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., (727) 853-1279.
- Autism Support Group, 11 a.m. Thursday.
- Family Book Club discusses A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, 10 a.m. Saturday.
South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive, (727) 834-3331.
- Cake Decorating, 1 p.m. Saturday. For elementary ages.
Deer Park Elementary, 8636 Trouble Creek Road: Gently used books for a pancake breakfast and used book sale to be held on April 28. Please send donations by April 26. Call (727) 774-8900.
Hudson Middle, 14540 Cobra Way: Donations of gently worn formal or semiformal gowns to be used for a future formal dance. Bring gowns to the school's front office. Call Chris Solon at (727) 774-8200.
- Shady Hills Elementary Suite Hearts of the Month: Kelsey Sibley, Karissa Palmer, Brandi Tilton, Brittney Smith, Julie Stump, Jamie Perlowski, Demetria Tsilionis and Haley Foster. Brandi Tilton was named schoolwide Student of the Month.
- Marlowe Elementary Kids With Character: Rachel Kling, Alexa Mayer, Daniel Atkinson and Dylan Coley.
- Mary Albrecht was named Spirited Girl of the Month at PACE Center for Girls. Megan Tronziger was named Student of the Month. Kayla Osborn was named Turnaround Girl of the Month.
- Peter Leporati was named JROTC Cadet of the Month at Hudson High School.
- Cheri Umbaugh was named Student of the Month at Marchman Technical Education Center.
- Cheryl Gendebien was named Teacher of the Year at Deer Park Elementary School. Media/technology assistant Kathy Witowski was named School Related Personnel of the Year.
Send your school news to Michele Miller by fax: (727) 869-6233 in Port Richey, (813) 909-4611 in Land O'Lakes or (352) 521-6520 in Dade City; send e-mail to email@example.com or send mail to 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. Call Michele Miller at (727) 869-6251 or toll-free, 1-800-333-7505, ext. 6251.
[Last modified April 17, 2007, 23:12:10]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]