By MICHELLE MILLER
Published April 25, 2007
John Long Middle: PTSA General Assembly, 6 p.m. Monday.
Pine View Elementary: Relay for Life, Friday through Saturday.
Sand Pine Elementary: Kindergarten registration packets are available at the school from 9 to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday.Seven Oaks Elementary: Fundraising golf tournament, 11:30 a.m. Monday at Hunter's Green Golf and Country Club. Funds raised will go to the ESE Department. For information, call Kristin Pelletier at 813 326-2628 or e-mail email@example.com.
West Zephyrhills Elementary: PTA meeting and Family Night, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
- "An Artistic Discovery," the 26th annual Congressional High School Art Competition exhibit, continues through Sunday at the Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art, St. Petersburg College, 600 Klosterman Road, Tarpon Springs.
Pasco Schools Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road. (813) 794-8772.
- Anastasia Krupnick, 10:30 a.m. and noon Thursday. This musical is appropriate for students in grades 3-8. Tickets are $4.
- Smokescreen, 10:30 a.m. and noon Friday. For grades 6-12. Tickets are $4.
- Wesley Chapel High Solo and Ensemble Concert, 7 p.m. Monday.
- Pine View Elementary Spring Concert, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Hugh Embry, 14215 Fourth St., Dade City. (352) 567-3576.
- Teen Yu-Gi-Oh Game Days, 4 p.m. Thursday.
- Family Movie Matinee, 2 p.m. Saturday.
New River Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills. (813) 788-6375.
- Scholastic Book Fair, through May 12.
- The Special Olympics State Summer Games will be Friday through Sunday at the University of South Florida in Tampa.
- An Earth Day celebration will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Crews Lake Park, 16379 Crews Lake Drive, Shady Hills. There will be exhibitions, an animal show, arts and crafts and environmental displays.
- The Area Agency on Aging of Pasco/Pinellas will host the My Favorite Older Person Essay Contest awards ceremony at 9:30 a.m. May 2 at the District School Board of Pasco County, 20425 Gator Lane, Land O'Lakes.
- The soon-to-open Double Branch Elementary School will hold kindergarten preregistration 5 to 7 p.m. May 3 and from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. May 7 at Sand Pine Elementary School, 29040 County Line Road, Wesley Chapel. For information, call (813) 346-0400.
- Countywide kindergarten preregistration will be at Pasco County elementary schools May 7. Needed documentation includes: original birth certificate, Social Security card, proof of residency, health exam on DH form 3040, certificate of immunization on DH form 680.
- John Long Middle: Donations of new or gently used books. Call the media center at (813) 346-6200.
- Quail Hollow Elementary: Sponsors are needed for the spring carnival, 4 to 8 p.m. May 11. Call Wendi Wolfman or Jackie Cheney at (813) 794-1100.
- R.B. Cox Elementary Students of the Month: Alejandro Cruz, Denisse Garcia, La'Jean Jenkins, Alexandra Santiago, Roxana Barajas, Ja'meisha Wilson, Laura Gonzalez, Oscar Salas, Giovanna Cheatum, Elizabeth Rojas, Jaime Robles, Early Knight, Darlene Aristeo, Marneesia Cotton, Marco Nunez, Kayla Shirer, Felix Vazquez, Ashley Alvarez, Morgan Gilbert, Christian Estrada-Perez, Najeli Herrera, Alexis Teague, Travis Ragle, Sergio Espinoza, Anthonyia Floyd, Genesis Howell, Curtis Hambrick and Zayiana Francois.
- Centennial Middle School Regional Science Fair winners: First place: Josh Hammer, also nominated for state competition, Discovery Channel Science Challenge Award, Johnson Engineering Award. First place: Andrew Riddaugh, also received Discovery Channel Science Challenge Award. Second Place: Allie Parrish, Lindsay Kelly. Third place: Mike Baska. Fourth place: Victoria Greco-Powell.
- John Long Middle School Citizens of the Month: Angel Rivera, Breanna Strampel, Kelsey Sturman, Michelle O'Neil, Morgan Gareau, Dylan Koesling, Alexandra Hall, Marc Nemcik, Ivana Houbova, Devin Schneider and Andrea Piazza.
Send your school news to Michele Miller by fax: (727) 869-6233 in Port Richey, (813) 909-4611 in Land O'Lakes or (352) 521-6520 in Dade City; send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or send mail to 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. Call Michele Miller at (727) 869-6251 or toll-free, 1-800-333-7505, ext. 6251.
[Last modified April 24, 2007, 23:11:59]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]