Sheriff honors service and conduct
By THOMAS LAKE
Published April 26, 2007
At a quarterly ceremony on Wednesday, Sheriff Bob White presented employees and citizens with various awards. Among them:
Employees of the quarter
- Detention Deputy Anthony Scarpati, for fixing a potential security risk on the agency Web site and calming inmates' fears regarding their loved ones.
- Patrol Deputy Kevin Stevenson, for various accomplishments including crucial assistance in the apprehension of a knife-wielding fugitive.
- Communications Officers Jodi Jeffers, for composure during high-stress calls and exemplary conduct during the preparation and hosting of an open house for the communications center.
- Deputy Daniel Housel and Deputy Christopher Holland, for saving a woman from an apparent suicide attempt.
- Lt. Richard Moore, for saving a woman whose finger had been bitten off by marauding dogs.
- Deputy William Ferguson, for helping a woman who had apparently been imprisoned and beaten by her ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend.
Meritorious service awards for accomplishment
- Deputy Kimberly Stegmeier and Deputy David Calianno, for helping rescue two girls apparently kidnapped by their noncustodial father.
- Detention Deputy Nicole Campbell, for giving aid and comfort to a fellow deputy who was suffering from an illness.
- Warrants Clerk Janis Crews, for exceptional dedication and a strong work ethic.
Citizen service awards
- Larry Lehlbach and John Olson, for helping catch a juvenile suspected of numerous burglaries.