By TIMES STAFF
Published May 2, 2007
May 25 - Last day of school for teachers.
Anclote Elementary: Fine Arts Festival, 5 p.m. Thursday. Advisory Council meeting, 4 p.m. Monday. PTO Skate Party, 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Astro Skate in Tarpon Springs.
Calusa Elementary: Pizza Party, 5 to 7 p.m. Friday. Cost is $5. School Dance, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Friday. Parental supervision is required.
Cypress Elementary: Book Fair, Monday through May 11. Family Story Telling Night, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Gulf Highlands Elementary: Field Day, Friday.
Northwest Elementary: Second annual Spanish Fashion Show, 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday.
- High School Musical, presented by Dayspring Academy Junior High students at 7 p.m. Friday at Calvary Chapel Worship Epicenter, Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Tickets are $7 for show only; $10 for show and dinner.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey.
- Deer Park Elementary concert, 6 p.m. today.
- Cypress Elementary concert, 7 p.m. Thursday.
- Hudson High band concert, 7 p.m. Friday.
- Ridgewood High band concert, 1 p.m. Sunday.
- Hudson Middle band concert, 7 p.m. Monday.
Youth library events
Centennial Park Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday. 727 834-3204.
- Mother's Day Gift Making, 2 p.m. Saturday. For elementary ages.
- The Hudson High Cobra Athletics Golf Tournament will be held May 12 at the Beacon Woods Golf and Country Club. Registration is 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. with shotgun start at 1:30 p.m. Cost is $50 per person or $200 per team. Lunch is provided. Deadline to sign up is May 9. For information, call Tim Stratton or Linda McQuade at (727) 774-4200.
- The Pasco County Compassionate Friends, a support group for those grieving the loss of a child, will hold its third annual Walk to Remember at 9:30 a.m. May 19 at Jay B. Starkey Wilderness Park, 10500 Wilderness Park Road, New Port Richey. For information or to register, call (813) 273-8721.
- The following Mitchell High School students received awards at the Pasco Regional Science Fair: First Place: Branden Anglin, Samantha Beach, Jennifer Post, Miriam Stevens, Jayne Raponi. Second place: Kevin McDermott. Third place: Antonia Calabrese, Mihail Stojanovski, Ruan Vosloo. Fourth place: Harry Helmrich, Mike Jenkins, Brianna Hovsepian.
- The following Deer Park Elementary School students were first place winners in the school's Young Inventors Fair and went on to compete in the Pasco County competition: Michaela Abelgas, John Donovan, Christian Gendebien, Savannah Hammel, Harrison Keslar, Jenna Lighthall, Michael Mekus, Brianna Ranilovich.
- Ashley Duvall was named Student of the Month at Marchman Technical Education Center.
Send your school news to Michele Miller by fax: (727) 869-6233 in Port Richey, (813) 909-4611 in Land O'Lakes or (352) 521-6520 in Dade City; send e-mail to email@example.com or send mail to 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. Call Michele Miller at (727) 869-6251 or toll-free, 1-800-333-7505, ext. 6251.