Commission chooses 5 to consider for city manager
By GINA PACE
Published May 2, 2007
DADE CITY - City commissioners narrowed 17 applicants for city manager down to five at a special meeting Tuesday evening.
Individual commissioners selected their top five choices, and city staff members compiled those numbers to determine the top five applicants.
"You all were very much in agreement, " current City Manager Harold Sample said of the top five choices, who received four votes each.
- Susan Boyer of Lady Lake, an independent consultant.
- David Denman of Boca Raton, most recently the chief administrative officer of Hillsboro Beach.
- James Gallagher of Winter Haven, most recently the town manager of Dundee.
- Richard Reade of Sanford, president of Entitlements, a land acquisition and development company.
- Frank Thomas of Mulberry, the city manager of Mulberry.
Commissioners will interview the candidates from 3 to 6:30 p.m. May 9 and 10. The interviews are open to the public and will be held in the City Hall Annex.
Gina Pace can be reached at 352 521-6518 or toll-free at 1-800-333-7505, ext. 6518. Her e-mail address is email@example.com.