Last mission to repair the Hubble telescope Hubble space telescope discoveries have enriched our understanding of the cosmos. In this special report, you will see facts about the Hubble space telescope, discoveries it has made and what the last mission's goals are.
For their own good
Fifty years ago, they were screwed-up kids sent to the Florida School for Boys to be straightened out. But now they are screwed-up men, scarred by the whippings they endured. Read the story and see a video and portrait gallery.
Fill out this form to email this article to a friend
No criminal charges in tourist's death
By ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published May 6, 2007
KEY WEST - No criminal charges will be filed in the death of a tourist, 26, who died from carbon monoxide poisoning at a Keys hotel, prosecutors said.
The Monroe County State Attorney's Office made the announcement Friday, the same day the Legislature passed a measure mandating carbon monoxide detectors in hotel boiler rooms and certain homes constructed after July 2008.
A Michigan man and his son were poisoned by fumes at the Doubletree Grand Key Resort in December. The son died. A week earlier, three tourists became sick in the same room, but survived. Civil lawsuits are pending.