By TIMES STAFF
Published May 9, 2007
May 23: Last day of school for students.
May 25: Last day of school for teachers.
Gulf Highlands Elementary: PTA Elections, 6:30 p.m. Monday. Book Fair, Monday through May 17.
Marchman Technical Education Center: Awards Presentation, 7 p.m. Friday at the Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey.
Northwest Elementary: "Prepare Yourself for the Summer" parent workshop, 4 p.m. Tuesday. For information, call Jessica Metzler at 727 774-4700.
River Ridge High: Senior Scholar event, 6 p.m. Monday.
Seven Springs Middle: National Junior Honor Society Induction, 6 p.m. Tuesday.
Theater, music, arts
- Seven Springs Middle Intermediate and Advanced Band Concert, 7 p.m. Thursday at the school.
- Seven Springs Middle Chorus Concert, 7 p.m. May 17 at the school.
- Schrader Elementary chorus presents The Pirates of Penzance at 7 p.m. May 17 at the school. The Schrader band will also perform.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey.
- River Ridge Middle/High Chorus Concert and Awards, 7 p.m. today.
- Chasco Middle Concert, 7 p.m. Thursday.
- River Ridge High School Band Concert, 1 p.m. Saturday.
-River Ridge Middle Band Concert, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
- Hudson Middle Chorus Concert, 7 p.m. May 16.
- Bishop Larkin Catholic School Regional Science Fair finishers: First place: Kyle Sullivan, Jillian Rossi. Second place: Zachary Zielinski, Spencer Potter, Joe Catalano, Robert Magliacano, Christopher Pirrello, Kristen Spencer, James Alvarez. Third place: Andrea Megiel, Megan Kahle. Johnson Engineering Award: Kristen Spencer. U.S. Navy and Water Education Federation Award: Spencer Potter.
- Pasco Arts Council ArtBeat 2007 Awards: First place: Mario Almonte, Land O'Lakes High. Second place: Allie Maron, Mitchell High. Third place: Ashley Mensing, Ridgewood High. Most Creative Work: Kristen Spitler, Land O'Lakes High. Special Merit Award: Brittani Alberze, Mitchell High. People's Choice Award: Kelli Fleiss, Mitchell High.
- Dayspring Academy Good Character Students of the Month: Lily Rivera, Joseph Giordano, Lilith Jowers, Rachel Lucas, Hope Greenier, David Torgerson, Tiffany Richmond, Giovanni DeLillo, Katie Stubler, Brennan Clayton, Lyndsey Hetrick, Courtland Harrison.
- Jaysee Ivan Tanghai and Kerissa Plymesser were named winners of the "My Favorite Older Person" essay contest at Hudson Elementary.
- Eighth-grader Kurt McParland was named "Turn Around Student of the Year" at Gulf Middle School.
- Calusa Elementary Tropicana Speech contest finishers: First: Destiny McMahon. Second: Erika Gilmore. Third: Carly Ross.
Send your school news to Michele Miller by fax: (727) 869-6233 in Port Richey, (813) 909-4611 in Land O'Lakes or (352) 521-6520 in Dade City; send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or send mail to 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. Call Michele Miller at (727) 869-6251 or toll-free, 1-800-333-7505, ext. 6251.
- Pasco-Hernando Community College will administer the paper version of the GED test May 23 to 24 at the west campus, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey. For information or to register, call Greg Hlad at (727) 816-3483.
Youth library events
Registration for the Summer Reading Club for children and teens starts May 19 at Pasco County libraries. Patrons should contact the youth librarian at their local branch for details.
Hudson Library, 8012 Library Road. (727) 861-3040. TTY: (727) 861-3024.
- Trading Card Tournament, 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Spring Lock-In for Teens, 8 p.m. May 18 to 8 a.m. May 19. Permissions slips are required.
South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Drive. (727) 834-3331.
- Mother's Day Craft Corner, 2 p.m. Saturday. For elementary ages.