By TIMES STAFF WRITER
Published May 13, 2007
Hernando County is under modified severe water shortage rules set by Swiftmud. These apply to all county water users.
All watering must be done either before 8 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
- Addresses ending in 0 or 1, only Monday
- Those ending in 2 or 3, only Tuesday
- Those ending in 4 or 5, only Wednesday
- Those ending in 6 or 7, only Thursday
- Those ending in 8 or 9, and locations without a discernible address, only Friday
Hand-watering and microirrigation (drip irrigation) of nonlawn areas, such as flower beds and vegetable gardens, can be done any time, any day. New plants, including sod, may be watered daily up to 60 days after planting.
To report violations: Call county Code Enforcement at 754-4056 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. After hours, call the Sheriff's Office at 754-6830 or leave a message at 754-4005 or 520-4015. In Brooksville, call city Code Enforcement at 754-6800.