Pair arrested on felony child-neglect charges

Published May 14, 2007


TAMPA - Police arrested a couple early Sunday morning after they reportedly left a 2-year-old girl unattended in a hotel room for more than three hours while they went to the Hard Rock Caf.

Guests at the Days Inn, 2901 E. Busch Blvd., heard a child crying about 12:30 a.m., hotel manager Dave Shukla said. When they went a few doors down to Room 350, they found an open door and a child standing alone in the room, crying.

Hotel staff called police, Shukla said.

Anthony Christian Davis, 24, told police he left the toddler in the room at 11:30 p.m. Saturday and went to meet his girlfriend, Treashanna Patrice Graham, 23, at the Gold Rush strip club, where she was dancing.

Afterward, they went to the Hard Rock Caf for several hours, according to arrest reports. Graham told police she told Davis to leave her daughter in the room because she was sleeping.

Police arrested the couple when they returned to the hotel at 4:10 a.m. Sunday.

They each face felony child neglect charges and were held on $2, 000 bonds. Davis remained jailed Sunday, Graham was bailed out.

It was unclear whether Davis was the girl's father.

Deputies say driver of SUV struck man

Sheriff's deputies arrested a 21-year-old Tampa man early Sunday after they say he intentionally struck another man with his sport utility vehicle.

Jamie Walter Perdue Jr., of 6232 Savannah Breeze Court, hit a man standing on a raised median on Racetrack Road just north of Hillsborough Avenue with a 1999 GMC Yukon, authorities said. Perdue believed the man had attacked one of his friends earlier in the parking lot outside KD's Pub, 13949 W. Hillsborough Ave., his arrest report said.

The unidentified victim was listed in critical condition at St. Joseph's Hospital, police said.

Perdue is charged with aggravated battery with a motor vehicle. He was released from the Orient Road Jail on Sunday after posting $7, 500 bail.

Man is accused of choking pregnant wife

Police arrested a 42-year-old man Saturday night after he allegedly choked his pregnant wife as she called 911 during a argument.

Henry Lee Blue, of 812 W. Woodlawn Ave., dragged his wife off the bed by her throat and dropped her on the floor, according to an arrest report. When she tried to leave, the report said Blue forced her to stay in the master bedroom with their 1-year-old child.

Blue is charged with aggravated battery on a pregnant female and false imprisonment. He was in the Orient Road Jail Sunday without bail Sunday.

According to state corrections records, Blue was sentenced to 17 years in prison after he was convicted of kidnapping and carjacking with a deadly weapon in 1994.

He was released from prison in 2002.


Motorcyclist dies after hitting guardrail, tree

A Largo man died Sunday when he struck a guardrail and was thrown from his motorcycle.

Richard Grondin Jr., 38, of 12359 Cumberland Drive, was exiting Interstate 275 N onto State Road 686 about noon when he swerved into the outside emergency lane and struck the guardrail.

He was thrown from his Katana sport bike, struck a tree, and came to rest at the bottom of a grassy embankment. Grondin was wearing a helmet, according to a release from the Florida Highway Patrol.