Last mission to repair the Hubble telescope Hubble space telescope discoveries have enriched our understanding of the cosmos. In this special report, you will see facts about the Hubble space telescope, discoveries it has made and what the last mission's goals are.
For their own good
Fifty years ago, they were screwed-up kids sent to the Florida School for Boys to be straightened out. But now they are screwed-up men, scarred by the whippings they endured. Read the story and see a video and portrait gallery.
Fill out this form to email this article to a friend
By TIMES STAFF
Published May 16, 2007
Pasco Schools Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road. (813) 794-8772.
- Weightman Middle band and chorus spring concert, 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
Sign-up for Summer Reading Club for children and teens starts Saturday at Pasco County Libraries. Patrons should contact the youth librarian at their local branch for details.
New River Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills. (813) 788-6375.
- Teen Art Festival, 6:30 p.m. Thursday. Teens are welcome to enter their own art or view the teen gallery.
- Craft Corner, 2 p.m. Saturday. For elementary ages.
- Teen lock-in, 6 p.m. May 25 to 8 a.m. May 26. Space is limited. Registration is required.
- Head Start and Early Head Start Application Day will be 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 31 at R.B. Cox Elementary Life Skills Building, 37615 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Dade City; and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. June 4 at Alice Hall, 38116 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills. For information on required documentation, call Alexis Russell at (813) 794-2730 or (352) 524-2730.