By Piper Jones Castillo
Published May 18, 2007
- Scott Taylor Hartzell (Remembering St. Petersburg Florida, Volume One and Two), 7 p.m. Monday, Walter Fuller Recreation Center, 7891 26th Ave. N, St. Petersburg.
- Darryl Wimberly, (King of Colored Town), 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Borders South Tampa, 909 N Dale Mabry Highway.
- LaTonya Williams (Missed Opportunities), 2 p.m. Saturday, Borders South Tampa.
- The Florida Humanities Council presents Eliot Kleinberg, author of Weird Florida, at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Largo Library, 120 Central Park Drive. Kleinberg will discuss the odd side of the state's history, compiled from his years as a journalist at the Palm Beach Post. Call (727) 587-6748.
- An Evening with Dr. Maya Angelou, 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Mahaffey Theater, 400 First St. S, St. Petersburg. Tickets $40 to $75; group discounts available. Visit www.mahaffeytheater.com or call (727) 898-2100.
- The third annual Mystery Florida: A Conference to Die For takes place June 1-2 at the Lido Beach Resort in Sarasota. Participating authors include James O. Born, Tim Dorsey, Stuart Kaminsky, Barbara Parker, James Swain and Randy Wayne White. A free Mystery Mingle book signing takes place 5 to 7:30 p.m. June 1; registration for the conference on June 2 is $99. For information, go to www.mysteryflorida.com.
To place an item in Book Talk, send author's name and book title, appearance time and date, and venue name, phone number and address to email@example.com or mail to: Piper Jones Castillo, St. Petersburg Times, P.O. Box 1121, St. Petersburg, FL 33731-1121.
[Last modified May 18, 2007, 12:16:22]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]