By TIMES STAFF
Published August 19, 2007
The De Russys
Allan and Betty Ann De Russy celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary with a family party and will take a cruise in the fall. They were married Aug. 17, 1942, in Cleveland and came here in 1958 from Cleveland.
Mrs. De Russy was a nurse at St. Anthony's Hospital. Mr. De Russy worked as a metallurgical engineer for Ford Motor Co. for seven years and retired after 38 years from General Roofing and Tile Co., where he was a co-owner. He is an Army Medical Corps veteran of World War II and a past president of the Sunshine City Kiwanis Club.
They have traveled around the world by cruise ship and around the United States by RV. They are members of Pasadena Community Church and have three children, three grandchildren and a great-grandchild.
Marty and Marie Martinkovic celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with several parties with family and friends and a Caribbean cruise. They were married Aug. 12, 1957, at St. Casimir's Church, Mahanoy City, Pa., and came here in 1973 from Belle Mead, N.J.
Mrs. Martinkovic was a nurse with the Pinellas County Public Health Department. Mr. Martinkovic was a program manager in the defense industry and is an Air Force veteran.
They are members of St. Mary Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church and the Vinoy Club, where they play golf and tennis. They have four children and three grandchildren.
Robert and Shirley Pennington celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a renewal of their vows and a party with family and friends. They were married Aug. 17, 1957, at the Evangelical United Brethren Church in Dayton, Ohio. They moved here in 1967 from Dayton.
Mrs. Pennington was a homemaker and worked as an accountant. Mr. Pennington was an electrical engineer for ECI, and after retiring worked for Habitat for Humanity. He is a Navy veteran of the Korean War.
Mr. and Mrs. Pennington have volunteered for ASAP Homeless Services, Operation Attack and the YWCA Family Shelter for 20 years. They are 35-year members of Garden Crest Church and have four children, four grandchildren and a great-grandchild.
Ed and Dee Pinzker celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary July 5, 2007, with family and friends at their daughter's home in Bloomingdale, Ill. They were married July 5, 1947, at Our Lady of Angels Church, Chicago, and came here in 1978 from Franklin, Ill.
Mrs. Pinzkers was a homemaker and as a young woman worked as a dress shop window decorator in Chicago. She enjoys bowling, reading, sewing and bingo.
Mr. Pinzker was a set-up man for International Harvester in Melrose Park, Ill. He is a Navy Signal Corps veteran and a member of the Five Towns Men's Club and golf team.
They are members of Holy Cross Church and have two children, four grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
Joe and Judy Sarazen celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary Aug. 4, 2007, with a renewal of their vows at Hope Lutheran Church, dinner and dancing in the fellowship hall, and a week in Treasure Island with family. They were married Aug. 3, 1957, at St. John's Catholic Church, Niagara Falls, N.Y., and came here in 1961 from Niagara Falls.
Mrs. Sarazen retired after 28 years as a teacher with Pinellas County schools. She teaches part-time for the Title I program at Fuguitt Elementary School.
Mr. Sarazen retired after 38 years from G.A. McBride Masonry and works part time for Publix. He served two years in the Army in Frankfurt, Germany.
They enjoy traveling, canoeing and spending time at their cottage in Bushnell. They have two children, five grandchildren and a great-grandchild.
[Last modified August 18, 2007, 22:39:16]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]