By Times Staff Writer
Published October 7, 2007
Construction manager promoted
Kathy Evans has been promoted to senior project manager from project manager at Christiano Construction Co., 13790 Roosevelt Blvd. near Largo.
She has more than 30 years of experience in the construction industry and recently completed two large school projects: Brandon High School and Durant High School in Plant City.
- Pinellas County Business Development Center, 13805 58th St. N, Suite 1-200, in the Icot Business Center near Largo. Programs are free and meet from noon to 2 p.m. To speak with a business counselor or register for classes and seminars, call 727 453-7200.
- How to Start a Business meets every Wednesday. The introductory workshop offers information on how to conduct feasibility studies and develop business plans, how to obtain licenses and permits to be a legal business in Pinellas County and more.
- Understanding Entrepreneurship meets the first Thursday of each month. Find out if you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur and discover the challenges and rewards of owning your own business. Evaluate your business acumen.
- Understanding Accounting and Tax Procedures meets the second Thursday of each month. The seminar is designed to help small-business owners understand proper record keeping and accounting methods to satisfy federal and state requirements for taxes and payrolls.
- Marketing Your Small Business meets the third Thursday of each month.
- Financing Your Business meets the fourth Thursday of each month.
- Business Assistance Center at the Palm Harbor Library, 2330 Nebraska Ave. Meets from 1 to 3 p.m. every Tuesday and from 5 to 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month. For an appointment, call (727) 784-4287.
The center provides information on starting and growing a business in Pinellas County. Assistance includes business plan development, permitting, zoning, government-regulations information and more.
The business assistance specialist also provides information to assist local companies looking to export their products and foreign companies wanting to establish operations in Pinellas County.
A "Business Tech Fair" is planned for 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Oct. 23 at the library. The event will focus on how to use technology to improve and enhance business.
News of businesses and business people can be faxed to the Business Digest at 445-4119, e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Business Digest, 710 Court St., Clearwater, FL 33756. We are interested in new and unusual businesses, promotions, expansions, commercial sales and major new contracts. Photos can be mailed or e-mailed by jpeg file.
[Last modified October 7, 2007, 00:05:22]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]