Last mission to repair the Hubble telescope Hubble space telescope discoveries have enriched our understanding of the cosmos. In this special report, you will see facts about the Hubble space telescope, discoveries it has made and what the last mission's goals are.
For their own good
Fifty years ago, they were screwed-up kids sent to the Florida School for Boys to be straightened out. But now they are screwed-up men, scarred by the whippings they endured. Read the story and see a video and portrait gallery.
- Homework Help Center, 3 to 5 p.m. weekdays. Call for availability.
- Trading card tournament, 2 p.m. Saturday. For elementary ages.
New Port Richey, 5939 Main St. (727) 853-1280.
- Live homework help/online tutoring, 4 to 10 p.m. Go to www.nprlibrary.org.
- Otaku-Kun, 5:30 p.m. Thursday. For those who are interested in Japanese pop culture such as Manga and Anime.
Regency Park, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey. (727) 861-3049.
- The magic and comedy of Eric Olsen, 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Teen Read Week celebration/popcorn and scary movie, 6:30 p.m. Monday.
The deadline for timely submissions is one week before publication. Send your school news to Michele Miller by fax at (727) 869-6233 in Port Richey, (813) 909-4611 in Land O'Lakes or (352) 521-6520 in Dade City; send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or send mail to 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL, 34668. Call Michele Miller at (727) 869-6251 or toll-free, 1-800-333-7505, ext. 6251.
- Pasco Hernando Community College hosts College Night from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the Dade City campus, 36727 Blanton Road. Representatives from PHCC and many public and private colleges, universities, other educational institutions and the military will offer information about admissions, financial aid and programs for post-secondary education. The event is free and open to the public.
- The Compassionate Friends Pasco Chapter, a support group for those suffering the loss of a child, will meet at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 17 at Community Hospital, 5637 Marine Parkway, New Port Richey. Call (813) 273-8721.