By CHRIS COSDON, Times Staff Writer
Published November 3, 2007
Clearwater Seventh-day Adventist Church, 1445 Lakeview Road. Call 727 446-6427.
- Sabbath school 90:30 a.m. Saturdays.
- Worship service 11 a.m. Saturdays.
Parbawatiya Buddhist Center, 201 Sixth Ave. S, Safety Harbor. Call (727) 979-9770 or visit www.meditationinflorida.org..
- Meditation classes 10 to 11:30 a.m. Sundays.
- Meditation classes for children 10 to 11:30 a.m. Sundays.
Holy Apostles Church, Catholic Charismatic Rite, 1605 Pinehurst Road, Dunedin. Call (727) 734-2035.
- Charismatic prayer group 7 p.m. Tuesdays.
- Liturgy 6 p.m. Saturdays.
- Community liturgy 9:30 a.m. Sundays.
Chapel-by-the-Sea, 54 Bay Esplanade, Clearwater Beach. Call (727) 446-0430 or visit www.chapelbythesea.net.
Rev. Don Erickson, chaplain at Tampa General Hospital and part-time chaplain at Gulfside Regional Hospice in Dade City, presents the last program on the book The Jesus Sutras in the chapel conference room at 9 a.m. Sunday.
Dockside Community Church, 1218 new York Ave., Dunedin. Call (727) 733-2480 or visit www.docksidecommunitychurch.com.
- A miracle healing and deliverance service at 10:30 a.m. Sunday. Anointed prayer cloths will be given. Lunch will follow the service.
- Adult discipleship class at 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
Kirk of Dunedin Community Church, 2686 Bayshore Blvd. Call (727) 733-9305 or visit www.kirkchurch,com.
- Organ concert at 8 p.m. Nov. 9 and 2 p.m. Nov. 10 by Rosemary Bailey, who played with the Duke Ellington Orchestra and Chicago Symphony. Tickets are $10 adults, $5 students. Call the ticket office at (727) 733-5475 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays.
North Bay Community Church, 3170 McMullen-Booth Road, Clearwater.Call (727) 796-0071 or visit www.northbaychurch.com.
- Annual fall fest from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today with bands, concessions, face-painting, arts and crafts, thrift shop, children's art area, silk flower arrangements, leather goods, brass items, bake sale, cake walk, dunk tank and more. Open to the public.
- Worship at 10 a.m. Sundays.
- Youth group 4:30 to 7 p.m. Sundays.
- Bible study 10:45 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
Congregation Beth Shalom, 1325 S Belcher Road, Clearwater. Call (727) 531-1418 or visit www.mycbsfamily.org.
- 50th anniversary celebration. Shabbat service 9 a.m. today and dining, dancing and entertainment at 7 p.m. Time capsule family event at 10 a.m. Sunday, followed by a performance and dance lesson by Shalhevet Israeli Dance Troupe from New York City and a light brunch.
- Shabbat services with Rabbi David Weizman and Torah cantillation 6:30 p.m. Fridays and 9 a.m. Saturdays.
- Lox n' Learn 10 a.m. first Thursdays of the month with Rabbi Weizman. Discussion on various issues in modern Jewish thought and contemporary events.
-Temple Ahavat Shalom, 1575 Curlew Road, Palm Harbor. Call (727) 785-8811 or visit www.ahavatshalom.org.
- "Shabbat Pinellas" starting at 6 p.m. Nov. 9. Unaffiliated Jews and interfaith couples in Pinellas County are invited to a Shabat dinner and services. Reservations required and can be made by calling the temple or (727) 530-3223 or visit www.shabbatpinellas.com.
- Kabbalat Shabbat service 6 p.m. first Friday of the month.
- Sabbath eve services 7:30 p.m. Fridays.
Temple B'nai Israel, 1685 S Belcher Road, Clearwater. Call (727) 531-5829 or visit www.tbiclearwater.org.
- Shabbat service 8 p.m. Fridays led by Rabbi Arthur Baseman with cantorial intern Jennifer Duretz.
- Shabbat morning service 10:30 a.m. Saturdays led by Rabbi Arthur Baseman.
-Young Israel-Chabad of Pinellas County, 3696 Fisher Road, Palm Harbor. Call (727) 789-0408 or visit www.yichabad.com.
- Beginning Sunday, evening services at 7 p.m. Sunday-Thursday.
- Kabbalat Shabbat services 6:30 p.m. Fridays.
- Shabbat morning service 9:30 Saturdays.
Bethel Lutheran Church, 3166 N McMullen-Booth Road, Clearwater. Call (727) 799-3010.
Moms Ministry 9:30 a.m. on the first and third Thursdays.
St. Paul's Lutheran Church, 407 Saturn Ave., Clearwater. Call (727) 446-7718.
- All Saints Day services at 8:45 a.m. and 11 a.m. Sunday.
-Prayer study 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Mondays.
- Study of the book of Acts 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
Congregation Ohr Chadash, a Messianic synagogue, 3190 Gulf-to-Bay Blvd., Clearwater. Call (727) 726-1472 or visit www.ohrchadash.org.
Erev shabbat services 8 p.m. Fridays.
Curlew United Methodist Church, 2210 Cathedral Drive, Palm Harbor. Call (727) 784-3424.
- All you can eat spaghetti dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Nov. 10. Adults $6, children $4.
Mount Moriah AME Church, 722 S Disston Ave., Tarpon Springs. Call (727) 938-0873.
A free meal is provided to anyone in need from 4 to 5 p.m. every Sunday. Volunteers should arrive by 2:30 p.m.
Dunedin Assembly of God, 885 Lake Haven Road. Call (727) 733-7205.
- Worship services 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sundays. First Sunday of the month communion, second Sunday lunch follows morning service. Open to public.
- Children's church 10:30 a.m. Sundays.
Pentecostal Lighthouse Church, 2801 County Road 1, Dunedin. Call (727) 727-1222.
Food pantry 5 to 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month.
First Presbyterian Church, 255 Fifth Ave. S, Safety Harbor. Call (727) 726-2014 or visit www.firstpresbyterianchurchsafetyharbor.org.
Sunday worship: 9 a.m. contemporary service in the Fellowship Hall and 10:30 a.m. blended style service in the sanctuary.
Northwood Presbyterian Church, 2875 State Road 580, Clearwater. Call (727) 796-8090 or visit www.northwoodpc.org.
Wednesday and You dinner program 6 p.m. Nov. 7 and 14. $4 a person.
Peace Memorial Presbyterian Church, 110 S Fort Harrison Ave., Clearwater. Call (727) 446-3001 or visit www.peacememorial.org..
- All Saints Day service at 10:30 a.m. Sunday will begin with Kirkin' O' the Tartans followed by Rev. Dr. Becky Burton's sermon on "Past, Present, Future."
- The music of Mozart, Hayden and others in a "A Classical Combo" concert at 3 p.m. Nov. 11, featuring Carol Alexander on fortepiano, Lewis Sligh on flute, Lane Lederer on oboe and John Kehayes on bassoon. Doors open at 2:30 p.m. Concertgoers can meet the musicians in Roebling Hall following the program. The concert is the second of seven in the 2007-2008 music series presented by the church.
Spirit of Life Unitarian Universalists, 18412 Burrell Road, Odessa. Call (813) 792-1622 or visit www.spiritoflifeuu.org.
- Fall wine tasting 6:30 to 9 p.m. today with jazz and rhythm and blues by the group Equinox. A fund raiser for the church, tickets are $15 a person at the door.
- Covenant Sunday celebration at 11 a.m. in which members renew their covenant with the church and one another.
Unitarian Universalists of Clearwater, 2470 Nursery Road. Call (727) 531-7704 or visit www.uuclearwater.org.
- Rev. Abhi Janamanchi's topic will be "Holding On, Letting Go" at the 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Sunday services.
- Loving Kindness meditations noon to 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
- A rummage sale is planned for 8 p.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 10. Open to the public.
Unity Church of Clearwater, 2465 Nursery Road, Clearwater. Call (727) 531-0992 or visit www.housebuiltonlove.com.
- Rev. Jamie Sanders' guest sermon will be on "Being Who You Are" at the 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. Sunday services. Rev. Sanders is the minister/spiritual leader of Unity Church of Christianity in Pensacola.
Unity Community Church, 1315 Bayshore Blvd., Dunedin. Call (727) 734-0635 or visit www.unitydunedin.org.
- Dr. Don Papon will be the speaker at the 10 a.m. Sunday service.
- A Course in Miracles 10 to 11:30 a.m. Fridays.
- Healing Center: By appointment. Participants are trained in the Pilgrimage integrative healing process.
Unity Church of Palm Harbor, 1960 Tampa Road. Call (727) 784-7911 or visit www.unitychurchofpalmharbor.org.
- "Caladesi Memories," a program at 12:45 p.m. Sunday based on the book by Myrtle Scharrer Betz, Yesteryear I Lived in Paradise, presented by her granddaughter Terry Fortner.
- Worship services at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Sundays.
- New Testament Interpretation classes Noon or 7 p.m. Tuesdays through Nov. 20. Send religion news to Chris Cosdon by mail to 710 Court St., Clearwater, FL 33756, by fax to (727) 445-4119 or e-mail to email@example.com.
[Last modified November 2, 2007, 22:28:08]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]