Last mission to repair the Hubble telescope Hubble space telescope discoveries have enriched our understanding of the cosmos. In this special report, you will see facts about the Hubble space telescope, discoveries it has made and what the last mission's goals are.
For their own good
Fifty years ago, they were screwed-up kids sent to the Florida School for Boys to be straightened out. But now they are screwed-up men, scarred by the whippings they endured. Read the story and see a video and portrait gallery.
Fill out this form to email this article to a friend
By MICHELE MILLER, Times Staff Writer
Published November 14, 2007
Progress reports are distributed Friday.
Nov. 21-23: Thanksgiving Holiday. No school for students or teachers.
Centennial Middle: The Science Fair will be Dec. 19. For information, fair guides and forms go to olivascience.com.
Double Branch Elementary: Movie Night, 6:30 p.m. Friday. Free feature presentation is High School Musical. PTA members receive free popcorn with membership card. Other concessions include hotdogs, soda and ice cream. Families can bring blankets and pillows.
John Long Middle: Picture make-up day, Tuesday. Hearing screenings, Nov. 26.
Oakstead Elementary: Hearing screenings, today.
Pasco Middle: Hearing screenings, Tuesday.
Pine View Middle: The school seeks sponsors for the Assist, Believe and Care program for the needy during the holidays. Those who want to help and Pine View Middle families needing help should call Sara Bailey at 813 794-4831 or Gaylene Gay at (813) 794-4832.
Wesley Chapel High: Financial Aid Night, 7 p.m. Nov. 28.
West Zephyrhills Elementary: Fall Festival, Saturday. Science Night, 6 to 7 p.m. Nov. 29. Science resource teacher Emily Hancock will help with science projects.
John Long Middle presents Arsenic and Old Lace, 7 p.m. Friday and 5 p.m. Saturday at the school. Tickets are $5.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road. (813) 794-8772, (352) 524-8772, (727) 774-8772.
- Wesley Chapel High Drama One Act Festival, 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Tickets are $5 for adults; $3 for children 11 and under.
- Pine View Elementary Winter Concert, 7 p.m. Monday.
- Phil Provenzano and the Jazz Xperience, 7:30 p.m. Nov. 27. Tickets are $10.
- Land O'Lakes Branch, 2818 Collier Parkway. (813) 929-1214.
- Homework Help Center, 3 to 8 p.m. each Tuesday and Wednesday through Nov. 28.
- New River Branch, 34043 State Road 54. (813) 788-6375.
- Travels in Japan and Food Tasting, 6:30 p.m. Thursday. For teens.
- Land O'Lakes High School's International Baccalaureate program will host a parent information night from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Friday at Centennial Middle School, 38505 Centennial Road, Dade City. Contact Caryn McDermott, assistant principal of the I.B. program, at email@example.com or Rebecca Gleaton, I.B. guidance counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org Or call the school at (813) 794-9400 or (352) 524-9400.
The deadline for timely submissions is one week before publication. Send your school news to Michele Miller by fax to (727) 869-6233 in Port Richey, (813) 909-4611 in Land O'Lakes or (352) 521-6520 in Dade City; send e-mail to email@example.com or send mail to 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. Call Michele Miller at (727) 869-6251 or toll-free at 1-800-333-7505, ext. 6251.