Fill out this form to email this article to a friend
By Times Staff Writer
Published December 5, 2007
Dec. 24-Jan. 4, 2008.
Centennial Middle: The Science Fair will be Dec. 19. For information, fair guides and forms, go to olivascience.com.
John Long Middle: Science Fair, Thursday and Friday.
Charles Rushe Middle: Snow Day Family Academy, 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday. Participants will have the opportunity to make snow or a Florida snow globe. Science projects also will be on display. Those who attend are asked to bring a toy to donate to the ABC program.
Thomas E. Weightman Middle: Donations are needed to help landscape and furnish the Outdoor Classroom. Call 813 794-0200 or (352) 524-0200.
West Zephyrhills Elementary: PTA Holiday School Dance, 6:30 p.m. Friday.
- High school students in and around Pasco County can audition for the Pasco Education Foundation's "Ticket to Broadway" at 6 p.m. Dec. 9 and 10 at Richey Suncoast Theatre, Grand Boulevard, New Port Richey. Performances are 8 p.m. Feb. 1 and 2 and 2:30 p.m. Feb. 3. Corporate sponsorships are available. Contact the Richey Suncoast Theatre at (727) 842-6777 or Chip Wichmanowsi at (813) 794-2705, (727) 774-2705 or (352) 524-2705.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road. (813) 794-8772, (352) 524-8772, (727) 774-8772.
- Weightman Middle Band and Choral Concert, 7 p.m. today..
- New River Elementary Winter Concert, 7 p.m. Thursday.
- Long Middle Winter Concert, 7 p.m. Friday.
- Taylor Elementary Winter Concert, 1 p.m. Saturday.
- Lake Myrtle Elementary Winter Musical, 7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday.
- Pine View Middle Winter Band Concert, 7 p.m. Dec. 12.
New River, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills. (813) 788-6375.
- Anime and Manga Club for Teens, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday. Registration requested.
- Scholastic Book Fair ends Friday.
- Karaoke Family Game Night, 6 to 9 p.m. Friday.
- The Pasco County District School Board and Student Services Department offer the second presentation in the Year of the Girl series. "Physical Concerns for Girls" will be at 6 p.m. Tuesday. at Land O'Lakes High, Gator Lane. Featured speakers will be pediatricians Lana McCauley and Audrey Jara. For information, call (727) 774-2717; (813) 794-2717; (352) 524-2717.
-Hudson High will celebrate its 35th anniversary and is inviting alumni and community members to join the "Hudson High Family and Friends' group to help plan and participate in the festivities. Cost is $10 for individuals and $25 for family membership. For information, contact Ruth Lott at 774-4200 or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quail Hollow Elementary students collected 1,736 nonperishable food items and 26 turkeys for the school's recent food drive. Other donations came from the local Rotary Club, Publix, Sweetbay and the Lexington Oaks Women's Club. The food was delivered to QHE Assist, Believe and Care families for Thanksgiving.
- Adam Zondor was named Teacher of the Year at Weightman Middle School. Maria Padilla was named School Related Personnel of the Year.
- Danielle Bautista and Hannah Wilson were named winners in the sixth-grade Story Telling Contest at Centennial Middle School. The two talented storytellers will represent their school at the upcoming district competition.
The deadline for timely submissions is one week before publication. Send your school news to Michele Miller by fax to (727) 869-6233 in Port Richey, (813) 909-4611 in Land O'Lakes or (352) 521-6520 in Dade City; send e-mail to email@example.com or send mail to 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. Call Michele Miller at (727) 869-6251 or toll-free at 1-800-333-7505, ext. 6251.