Last mission to repair the Hubble telescope Hubble space telescope discoveries have enriched our understanding of the cosmos. In this special report, you will see facts about the Hubble space telescope, discoveries it has made and what the last mission's goals are.
For their own good
Fifty years ago, they were screwed-up kids sent to the Florida School for Boys to be straightened out. But now they are screwed-up men, scarred by the whippings they endured. Read the story and see a video and portrait gallery.
Fill out this form to email this article to a friend
By Times Staff Writer
Published December 13, 2007
Central High School: The comedy Radio Trailer Park Broadcasting Scandals begins at 7 tonight and Friday night in the auditorium.
Hernando High School: The band will perform its holiday concert at 7:30 p.m. Friday in the auditorium. For more information, call Joseph Harrin at 797-7015, ext. 223.
- The drama students will perform Mr. Scrooge Finds Christmas at 7 p.m. Dec. 20 and 21 in the school's auditorium. Tickets are $3. For information, call Maritza James at 797-7015, ext. 204.
F.W. Springstead High School: The Marching Eagle Brigade will perform in a Christmas Concert at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 20 in the Springstead Theatre.
- The band is selling gift certificates for Christmas that are available from any band student. National and local retailers will give a percentage to the band for each gift certificate sold. This fundraiser will help the students march in the parade at Disney World in April. Call band director Richard Dasher at 797-7010.
Fox Chapel Middle School: Dolphin Team "Show What You Know Night" from 6 to 7 tonight in the Tiger Cafe. This student-led conference theme is "The 600th Anniversary of Jamestown."
- School Advisory Council/Title I Committee meeting from 6 to 7 p.m. Monday in the Media Center.
- The Holiday Band Concert and Exploratory Wheel "Show What You Know Night" from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Tiger Cafe. The theme is "A Time for Giving."
- Dads and children share breakfast and conversation at the All Pro Dads Breakfast from 7 to 7:30 a.m. Dec. 21 in the Media Center.
West Hernando Middle School: The Holiday Concert will be from 7 to 8 tonight.
Brooksville Elementary School: The annual Salvation Army Christmas Food Drive runs through Friday. Classes will collect nonperishable food to help those in need. The class that collects the most food in each grade level will win a pizza party.
Pine Grove Elementary: Winter concert at 7 tonight in the cafeteria.
- Title I Committee meeting at 8 a.m. Monday (Dec. 17) in the Media Center.
Suncoast Elementary School: The PTA will hold its Winter Wonderland/Holiday House from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday in the cafeteria.
- The School Advisory Council will meet at 5:15 p.m. Dec. 20 in the Media Center.
- The PTA general meeting is at 7 p.m. Jan. 19 in the cafeteria.