Last mission to repair the Hubble telescope Hubble space telescope discoveries have enriched our understanding of the cosmos. In this special report, you will see facts about the Hubble space telescope, discoveries it has made and what the last mission's goals are.
For their own good
Fifty years ago, they were screwed-up kids sent to the Florida School for Boys to be straightened out. But now they are screwed-up men, scarred by the whippings they endured. Read the story and see a video and portrait gallery.
Fill out this form to email this article to a friend
By Times Staff Writer
Published December 20, 2007
These business and government offices will be closed Monday and Tuesday, in recognition of Christmas:
- Hernando County libraries, all branches
- Hernando County government offices
- THE Bus and Trans-Hernando public transportation
- Supervisor of Elections offices
- U.S. Postal Service (closed Tuesday only)
- Local banks (most banks will close early on Monday and will be closed Tuesday)
- Hernando County Sheriff's Office
- Hernando County public schools (closed Monday through Jan. 4; school restarts Jan. 7)
- Hernando County Recreation Department
- Hernando County Northwest Waste Management Facility will be open Monday and closed Tuesday; the East Hernando and West Hernando Transfer Stations will be closed both days.
- Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce
- Department of Children and Families
- Pasco-Hernando Community College (closed until Jan. 1)
- Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative
- Southwest Florida Water Management District
- Brooksville Police Department offices
- Brooksville City Hall
- City of Brooksville Sanitation Division: Tuesday's Dumpster pick-ups will be on Monday; Tuesday's residential pick-ups will be on Wednesday; Thursday and Friday pick-ups will be as regularly scheduled.