New Year's Eve celebrations
By Times Staff Writer
Published December 20, 2007
Tickets are now available for the following New Year's Eve celebrations around the county:
- Tangerine Time, 9 p.m. to midnight, Jerome Brown Community Center in Tom Varn Park, 99 Jerome Brown Way, off Darby Lane, Brooksville. This is a free family event with games, prizes, food, live entertainment and free T-shirts to the first 500 people who attend. All those attending are asked to bring a donation of nonperishable food, which will be given to the Salvation Army. Call Wayne Vutech, 799-7420, or Karen Phillips, 544-5407.
- VFW Post 8713 and Ladies Auxiliary New Year's Eve Party, 7 p.m., at the post, 1686 E Jefferson St., Brooksville. There will be finger foods and karaoke. Call the post at 796-4449.
- Hernando Beach Yacht Club's New Year's Eve 2007, 4163 Shoal Line Blvd., Hernando Beach. Doors open at 6 p.m. Appetizers will be served starting at 6:30 p.m. Dinner will be filet mignon and lobster. There will be dancing, an Elvis show and a champagne toast at midnight. Tickets are $50 each; party favors are included. Call Karen at 592-0037.
- Latin American Civic and Cultural Association's New Year's Eve Gala Dance, 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., SNPJ Hall, 13383 County Line Road, Spring Hill. Music provided by DJ Jose Perez. The champagne toast and noisemakers will be provided. Advance tickets are $15 for members and $20 for nonmembers; the cost at the door is an additional $5 per person. Only tables paid in advance will be reserved. For information and tickets, call Ana Burgos, 688-0763, or Elsa Serrano, 688-5890.
- VFW Post 10209 New Year's Eve Bash, 14736 Edward R. Noll Drive, off Anderson Snow Road, Spring Hill. Tickets are $37.50 each ($75 per couple) and include a roast beef or chicken dinner, an open bar from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., champagne toast, music by All Star Entertainment, hats and noisemakers and a continental breakfast from 1 to 2 a.m. Reservations required for parties of eight or more. Call 796-0398.
- Brooksville Elks Lodge 2582 New Years Eve Party, 14494 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Hors d'oeuvres will be served from 6 to 7 p.m. with an open bar from 6 p.m. until closing. Dinner choice is prime rib or Italian chicken with twice-baked potato, sugar snap peas, hot rolls, and ice cream with cherries jubilee. There will be a champagne toast at midnight with coffee and rolls after. This is a semiformal event; jackets required. Music for dancing will be provided by Vic Thompkins and his band. Tickets are $40 per person. Reservations and payment required by Dec. 22. Call Bill Woods at 797-9069.
- The Hernando Beach Club New Year's Eve Dinner Dance, 6 p.m., 3145 Flamingo Blvd., Hernando Beach. Entertainment will start at 9 p.m. The cost is $60 per person, which includes an open bar all night (well drinks, beer, wine and soda), a prime rib dinner, dessert, champagne toast at midnight, followed by danish pastries, coffee and orange juice. Entertainment will be provided by Vintage. Tickets are limited. Call Bunni at 688-4976.
- Aripeka Elks Lodge 2520 Gala New Year's Party, 9135 Denton Ave., Hudson. Doors will open at 7 p.m., a prime rib dinner served at 8 and breakfast at 1 a.m. Beverages, hats and noisemakers provided. Music will be provided by Marty and the Nice Guys. Tickets are $50 each, all seats reserved. Call (727) 868-1994 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. weekdays.