Last mission to repair the Hubble telescope Hubble space telescope discoveries have enriched our understanding of the cosmos. In this special report, you will see facts about the Hubble space telescope, discoveries it has made and what the last mission's goals are.
For their own good
Fifty years ago, they were screwed-up kids sent to the Florida School for Boys to be straightened out. But now they are screwed-up men, scarred by the whippings they endured. Read the story and see a video and portrait gallery.
Fill out this form to email this article to a friend
By Times Staff Writer
Published January 24, 2008
D.S. Parrott Middle School: The history fair is today in the Media Center. Parents are to check in at the main office first. The School Advisory Enhancement Council will meet at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Media Center. FCAT Parent Night is Jan. 31 from 6-7 p.m. in the Media Center.
Fox Chapel Middle School: The Stingray Team's "Show What You Know Night" is at 6 tonight in the Tiger Cafe.
- All Pro Dads Breakfast is from 7 to 7:30 a.m. Friday in the Media Center. Dads and children share breakfast and conversation.
- The sixth-grade Honor Roll Reception is 8 a.m. Feb. 18. The seventh-grade Honor Roll Reception is at 8 a.m. Feb. 20. The eighth-grade Honor Roll Reception is 8 a.m. Feb. 21. All are in the Tiger Cafe.
Moton Elementary School: The third-grade awards assembly is at 9:30 a.m. Feb. 1. The first-grade awards assembly is at 9:30 a.m. Feb. 4 and second-grade awards assembly is at 2 p.m. Feb. 4. The fourth-grade awards assembly is at 9:30 a.m. Feb. 6 and the fifth-grade awards assembly is at 2 p.m. Feb. 6. All are in the cafeteria.
- Skate Night is Feb. 7 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Rainbow Rollerland.
- The SAC/Title I Meeting is at 5:45 p.m. Feb. 19 in the media center.
- Eckerd Youth Hi-5 Family Night is 5:30-7:30 p.m. Feb. 28 in the cafeteria.
Spring Hill Elementary School: The School Advisory Council will meet at 4:30 p.m. Monday in the media center.
Springstead High School: The School Advisory Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the media center.
West Hernando Middle School: The School Advisory Council, Title I & PTSA meeting is 6 p.m. Monday in the media center. All students and parents are invited to come.
Westside Elementary School: Edible Math Night is from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesday. Families can participate in several kindergarten through fourth-grade activities. To register or for information, call Mrs. Wharton at 797-7080 in the Westside Elementary Family Center.