Fill out this form to email this article to a friend
By PAULETTE LASH RITCHIE, Times Correspondent
Published January 31, 2008
Families are invited to Title I event
County Title I Schools presents a Title I event for Title I families with kindergarten through third-grade students:
"Families Building Better Readers."
Parents and students from these Title I schools: Brooksville, Deltona, Eastside, Moton, Pine Grove., Spring Hill and Westside Elementary are invited.
Registration and a free dinner will be 5:30 to 6 p.m. and the workshop 6 to 7:15 p.m. Feb. 7 at Brooksville Elementary School, 885 North Broad St.
D.S. Parrott Middle School
- FCAT Parent Night from 6 to 7 tonight in the Media Center.
Fox Chapel Middle School
Honor Roll Receptions for the following grades will be held in the Tiger Cafe at 8 a.m. on these dates:
- Sixth grade on Feb. 18.
- Seventh grade on Feb. 20.
- Eighth grade on Feb. 21.
Moton Elementary School
- Third-grade awards assembly at 9:30 a.m. Friday in the cafeteria.
- First-grade awards assembly at 9:30 a.m. and second-grade awards assembly at 2 p.m. Monday in the cafeteria.
- Fourth-grade awards assembly at 9:30 a.m. and fifth-grade awards assembly at 2 p.m. Wednesday in the cafeteria.
- Skate Night 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Feb. 7 at Rainbow Rollerland.
- SAC/Title I meeting 5:45 p.m. Feb. 19 in the Media Center.
- Eckerd Youth Hi-5 Family Night 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 28 in the cafeteria.
$1,000 scholarship available for grads
The Glen Lakes Garden Club will offer its annual $1,000 horticulture scholarship to graduating Hernando County high school seniors.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must carry at least a 2.5 grade point average and be planning on majoring in college in a field such as horticulture, landscape design, environmental studies, botany, turf management or a related field.
Application forms are available in the guidance offices of all Hernando County high schools. Students in private schools or who are home-schooled can access the Springstead High School Web site and download a scholarship form at hcsb.k12.fl.us/shs . All applications must be received by April 2.
Lecture focuses on Shakespeare
Academia Hernando will continue "The Greats" lecture series at 10 a.m. Monday at Nativity Lutheran Church, 6363 Commercial Way.
A Great Shakespeare Play - Anthony and Cleopatra, presented by Arnold Silver, is featured Monday.
Other presentations include:
- Feb. 11, there is no lecture, instead a bus trip to the Florida International Museum in St. Petersburg. The trip is free for subscribers to the lecture series; others pay $20.
- Feb. 18, Two Great Painters, presented by Peter Tush.
- Feb. 25, Two Great Medical Discoverers, presented by Dan Mauriello.
- March 3, Two Great Religions, presented by Rabbi Cyrus Arfa, Pastor Philip Schroeder and Adel Aldin.
- March 10, Great Opera Singers, presented by Michael Blauner.