West Pasco happenings
By Times Staff Writer
Published February 20, 2008
Revenue Source Chapter: 7:30 a.m. today. Fox Hollow Golf Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway, Trinity, 727 458-4138.
Long Island Club: 11 a.m. today. Meet at the parish hall of St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, 5326 Charles St., New Port Richey, (727) 376-6872.
Professor Noggins: 2 p.m. today. Freshwater life trivia game. Starkey Environmental Center, 10500 Wilderness Park Road, New Port Richey, (727) 834-3474.
Singles dance: 7:30 p.m. today.New Lakes of Regency Park Civic Center, 8330 Civic Drive, Port Richey, (727) 459-2076. DJ Mike. Donation: $5.
- 9 a.m. Holiday Lakes Estates, 3624 Atlantis Drive, Holiday, (727) 934-2959.
- 7 p.m. Marine Corps League Holiday Detachment 567, 7241 Baillies Drive, New Port Richey, (727) 848-1688.
Dinners, bingo and more today:
- Dinner: 4:30 to 7 p.m. AMVETS Post 16, 9638 State Road 52, Hudson, (727) 868-7391. Donation: $6. Pot roast. Music.
- Dinner and bingo: 4:30 p.m. VFW McKay Post 7987, 7445 Chester McKay Drive, New Port Richey, (727) 376-3502. Three entrees. Dinner donations: $6.50 to $8. Bingo: 7 p.m.
- Winter picnic (indoors): Noon. Polish American Club, 7615 New Jersey Ave., Hudson, (727) 868-9763. Donation: $5. Everyone is invited for burgers and dogs.
- Country band: 7 p.m. Country dance lessons also available for a $5 donation. Moose Lodge 1429, 1936 Abacus Road, Holiday, (727) 937-9030. Barbecue sandwich, chips and slaw: $2.95. Darts at 7:30 p.m.
Tai chi class: 8 to 11 a.m. Thursday.Beacon Square Civic Club, 3741 Bradford Drive, Holiday, (727) 849-3740. Donation: $5.
Card luncheon: 11 a.m. Thursday.Polish American Pulaski Club, 4616 Darlington Road, Holiday, (727) 934-0900. Donation: $6.
Saturday Childbirth Super-Prep Class: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday.Birthplace at Community Hospital (the only maternity service in west Pasco) at 5637 Marine Parkway, New Port Richey. The class is a one-day accelerated/refresher course. Fee is $50. Seating is limited and reservations are required. For information or to register, call (727) 834-5630.
Championship wrestling: 8 p.m. Saturday. Jewish Community Center, 9841 Scenic Drive, Port Richey, (727) 847-3814. Tickets $7 in advance, $10 at the door. The center is open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Ballroom tea dance: 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday.Veterans Memorial Park, 14333 Hicks Road, Hudson, (727) 861-3033. Cake and coffee will be provided. Dance instructor: Elinor Gregory, a member of the National Ballroom Dance Teachers Association and National Country Western Dance Teachers Association. Donation: $6 per person.
Motorcycle Poker Run to benefit American Cancer Society: Registration 7 to 9 a.m. Sunday. Rain or shine. The event is at the Contractors Institute, 15409 U.S. 19, Hudson, (727) 861-7225. Registration donation fee: $20 per motorcycle. Great prizes. Open to all types of motorcyclists. Registration required by going to www.helpusfightcancer.com.
Bon Worth style show: Doors open 11 a.m. Feb. 27. The Colonial Hills Civic Association Women's Club will have a salad bar luncheon, card party and Bon Worth fashion show in the center at 3852 Prime Place, New Port Richey. Donation: $6. For tickets call (727) 938-5215.
Art of the Embellished Cord class: Noon to 4 p.m. March 1. Progress Energy Art Gallery, 6231 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey, (727) 848-6500. Fee: $49.50 for members, $55 nonmembers. Instructor: Pam Casey. Neck pieces using decorative applications around Grecian leather cord.
Send all events with group name, address and public telephone number at least 14 days in advance to Lucille Lazich, West Happenings, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey 34268, fax (727) 869-6233 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.